Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cut on contact blades

Old 04-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cut on contact blades

I was wondering if you all could give me the ups and downs of cut on contact broadheads. Thanks
Old 04-27-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cut on contact blades

The good points are that they generaly cut into hide better, with less resistance. This helps with penetration in soft tissue. The can be sharpend over and over again, so you don' t have to buy blades all the time.
The bad points are that if you can' t sharpen to well you may end up with dull heads, and the tip can curl up on some styles it you hit something really hard at an angle.
To be honest I like both cut on contact and chisel type heads. For archers with low KE setups, say 45 ft/lbs or less I think smaller cut on contacts like the Magnus stinger are excellent. For archers with higher setups they are still not a bad choice at all.