Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone shot these new F.O.B.'s >

Anyone shot these new F.O.B.'s

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone shot these new F.O.B.'s

Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default Anyone shot these new F.O.B.'s

I've been seeing a lot of these new fob's on you tube. They are a new style vane that slides on the arrow and is circular. On the videos i have seen they look like they fly pretty well, but was hoping someone has some hands on experience with them!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shot these new F.O.B.'s

Actually, they are not new; been around for many years. Seems they've just gotten a huge resurgence in the last couple of years though. I've tried 'em, didn't like them.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new FOB's from Paul are new in the last yr or so they are way differant then what was out before these....

Go to FOB Nation for all the info you want....

I tried them all last yr and liked them so much I had to get another bow so I didnt have ta keep changing bow around...

They are not for everyone but they do work very well....

I did alot of Chrono testing with 4",2" and FOB's and the FOBs.

The only thing I didnt like about the fob's is that they costed me alot of arrows from slamming arrows together.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

The new FOB's from Paul are new in the last yr or so they are way differant then what was out before these....

Go to FOB Nation for all the info you want....
OK. I did. No explanation of what is "new" about the basic design. I have FOB's sitting here from 5 years ago and a set from less than a year ago. I see no difference in design. Perhaps "new" is due to some new plastic, colors, or that they fit more arrows now, but the design is the same. Maybe you can explain what is so new. I sure didn't see anything new about how well they worked.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot them. They worked fine with field points. In fact, in a bit of a wind I could see the difference between the FOB's and 'regular' fletching. However, with broadheads, I could not shoot groups at distance with the FOB's vs.Blazers or feathers (the Blazers and feathers provided better groups). Odd, in that the FOB's are touted as being THE broadhead 'fletch'. In any event, I sold the FOB's and continue to putter with Blazers or Blazer knock offs.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I like em......give em a try.
Some people can not get past thier looks but, once you do and get your bow tuned to shoot em properly, they shoot well.

The only bad I see right now is they are not allowed for Bowhunter class shooting inthe "official rules" but, then again 2" Blazer arentyet either.