Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Shot three bows at the shop today >

Shot three bows at the shop today

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shot three bows at the shop today

Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shot three bows at the shop today

Well I beat the rain and got the new food plot feilds limed, then the rain set in so I thought I would go to the local bow shop and mill around....Shot the Bowtech commander, the Mathews Monster and the mathews reezen 7.0.Talk about a fine way to spend a rainy day

Here are my non expert opinions

Commander: NOte the draw on this bow was 1 inch short. It was a 29 70lb: One of the smoothest, and probably the quietest bow I have ever shot. I didnt shoot through a chronograph. You really cant even tell this bow went off. My favorite thing on this bow was the grip. It was just the regular bowtech grip I guess, but I loved it.

Monster: This bow absolutely shocked me. The tech said He chronoed it with a 350 grain arrow a peep and string loop at 344. In my opinion this bow was every bit as shock free as the commander, possibly not as quiet, but certainly not loud. It was significantly heavier. I was thourgouly impressed with the lack of vibration. The draw cycle was a little rougher, but in all honedsty I dont care about how rough the draw is. Its not like it was hard to pull back. Drawback to me: I am very hesitant about a true two cam bow. The tech told me this particular bow which was a demo model had 350 or so shots on it and had not come the least bit out of time. I knew enough to look at the timing holes and they were positioned the same. Also he drew it back for me and all looked to be rotated the same.

Reezen 7.0- I cant seem to get past what I feel is the reliable old single cam desing. I really liked this bow. I did not chrono it, but It was also pretty shock free, though not as much as the other two by any means. It was also quiet, but not as quiet. Again the draw cycle was aggressive, but not as much so as the monster. It seemed very fast. In all honesty, it was probably not the perfermor the other two were,(though I think it was considerably faster than the commander) but I really am a big single cam fan. It could be my lack of experiance with a two cam type system, only my first bow was a two cam. The problem is, I hate to experiment with an 800 dollar investment.

Just my thoughts
Old 03-15-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot three bows at the shop today

Cool. Thanks for the review. It is always fun to shoot new bows.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The BowTech Commander would be at least an 08 left over bow.

The New Sentinel is a New Center Pivot Bow for 09, and it definitely rocks. Lighter in weight, speeds are very good, and the quiet, shock free shot you felt from the Commander is even better.

I'm thinking my Sentinel may very well be my go to Bow this year. It is the fastest of the three Center Pivot bows from BowTech in 09.

I have shot Binarys since 05 and their dependability has been excellent. If I was looking for a Single Cam I'd take a Hard look at a Diamond Iceman. I think the Iceman will be in the Turkey blind with me some this year

Shooting new toys is always Fun!!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

MeanV2,

Thanks for the heads up. It was the Bowtech captain that I shot, NOT the commander. My bad.