Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT >

MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT

Old 01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT

HI,I shoot right handed but I am gonna have to start shooting left handed because of eye disease,I know the instinct is a good shooter anyone have any opinions on these two bows for smoothness,quietness and speed.all opinions will be appreciated................Ted
Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT

I have an Instinct and love it. I know I shot a Martin when I was shopping back in early December, but don't remember which one. Of the dozen or so that I shot, I went with the Instinct.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 AM

I have shot both of these bows, and they are pretty close. It's going to come down to what feels the best in your hands. Can't really go wrong with either one. I very slightly preferred the Bengal - liked the draw cycle and balance just a tad better. But I also recall that the Instinct was maxed out on the limb bolts and the Bengal was backed out a couple of turns, so it really wasn't an apples to apples comparison.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot both bows alot and lets just say I own a bengal.

Die Hard
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

diehard,could you tell me what you like better about the bengal is it quieter or faster or just feel better to ya..........Ted
Old 01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

The bengal has a smoother draw, 5% more let off, faster IBO speed, less hand shock, better balance.

Die Hard
Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

OK,I would like to shoot everything apples to apples with them to get a better feel before I purchase the instinct,the bengal I shot had a little bit of string noise when I shot but I think the draw was a tad bit long on it..........Ted
Old 02-02-2008, 09:43 PM

I shot alot of bows when I bought my last one. I'm not sure if I shot the bengal or not but I did buy the Instinct. To me it just felt better, it fit me the best out of all the bows that I shot in my price range. I would suggest shooting as many bows as you can to find the one that best fits you before you commit to buying one.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a bengal and i LOVE it!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Spike

Have shot both and think they are comparable. My friend shoots the Bengal and it is a great bow. I like how versatile it is with adjustable draw weights and lengths in a huge range. Very cool bow, but they shoot almost the same I think

Quick Reply: MARTIN BENGAL VS. FRED BEAR INSTINCT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.