Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

picking a sight

Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 PM

Default picking a sight

I have been lokking around at various bow sights and one of the ones that i have an interestin is the Vital Bow Gear Star track movable pin sight

i was wondering if anyone has one of these or any other similar sights i should check out
Old 02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: picking a sight

I am looking at sights myself and am overwhelmed, though many of them look the same to me. Don't have any experience with Vital Bow Gear equipment. I'd like to see the new Octane sight once it comes out.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:47 PM

Yeah there are just to many to pick from it definintely is overwhelming

Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

I switched to a HHA Optimizer 5500 last fall and have been very impressed with it. After getting it dialed in all the way to 60 yards it has been very accurate and simple. Single pin bright fiber optic pin has been great. Don't have to be worried about multiple pins and all the clutter from having multiple pins. Only down side that I can see happen is if you may have buck fever you have to remember what distance the target is and adjust your shot accordingly. Besides that should not be any negatives form it.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the info

I have been impressed with the HHA models so far

Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Vital Gear bowsight and love it. It is BRIGHT! The damn thing glows when I put it in the case after an evening hunt. Green pins are much brighter than the red and yellow. I am looking at purchasing one of their sights with all green pins.

As another plus - the sights are guaranteed for life. Mybow string broke while my bow was hanging in storage. The bow fell to the floor and the fall bent my sight. I sent the sightto Vital Gear. They fixed it for free - no questions asked.

While I was price shopping for the all green sight, I double checked on the lifetime warranty. Vital Gear told me that as long as I buy the sight from a dealer, they will honor the warranty. I guess Ebay and other auction websites have soured them.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 PM

thanks

Nick

Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keebler that is the sight which I use and I can tell you honestly that I used that sight before they were a sponcer and I will always uase there sights best out there.. Walt
Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 AM

I've gone thru a bunch and am totally pleased with the Hindsight...
Tho the dealers tell you to start with the smaller cheaper and then go to the larger later, I wish I would have started with the larger... No matter - the small has worked fine for a couple of years and it's awful hard to miss your spot...