Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2 >

Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Admiral Drawback Noise

With my previous Issue I emailed Bowtech and John Nelson responded very quickly. But I emailed Bowtech from their website yesterday with no response and I tried Johns Direct email and it is now undeliverable.......Any one know if he is still there? or are they just having Server issues?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:05 AM

No Such luck. The cables wont fit through the gap.....
ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

ORIGINAL: Buck442

Mohunter....How did you get the cables off the roller guard?
Justpull up and out and they should popright off

Wayne
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM
bigcountry

I have found a new culprit that causes a tick or creap on drawback. I found the bezel on the center pivots can cause it. I had a creak in my new guardian. I looked at everything. Even lubed the axles Finally I decided to totally disassemble. But I started taking off the bezel, and the thing was on there way too tight from the factory. I had to strain to remove. I was always told by bowtech and bowtech staff not to overtighten them but snug. Anyway, I heard the creak as I was loosening. And then I snuged it up and no more tick or creaking noise.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have found a new culprit that causes a tick or creap on drawback. I found the bezel on the center pivots can cause it. I had a creak in my new guardian. I looked at everything. Even lubed the axles Finally I decided to totally disassemble. But I started taking off the bezel, and the thing was on there way too tight from the factory. I had to strain to remove. I was always told by bowtech and bowtech staff not to overtighten them but snug. Anyway, I heard the creak as I was loosening. And then I snuged it up and no more tick or creaking noise.
Its different with the new CP BT's tho right? They arent clamped on there or there/moving parts/clips to make asound like that.

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Its different with the new CP BT's tho right? They arent clamped on there or there/moving parts/clips to make asound like that.

Derek
Yep, only for the older CP design.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

No Such luck. The cables wont fit through the gap.....
ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Mohunter....How did you get the cables off the roller guard?
Justpull up and out and they should popright off

Wayne
Hmm.. mine just poped off. Well turns out thats not the problem for me anyway. Shot a few arrows when i gothome from school, it started clicking again, i took the cables off the roller guard, drawed it back and it stillclicked, so i guess ill call bowtech again and try again.

Wayne
Old 01-10-2009, 07:23 AM

Got an email from Bowtech that instructed me to have my shop contact the Warranty Dept with no other details.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Just picked mine up up from the shop last night and now quite as a church mouse. They messed with it a while and could not fiqure it out and then called Bowtech. I explained to them when I brought it in that I had emailed Bowtech and they said just call the warranty dept....Anyway after they called they were instructed thate there was not enough/or no lubricant where the limbs pivot at the center point on the black plastic looking tabs. They took the limbs off and placed some type of white looking gel there and she now is back to normal.

I pretty sure my Dream Bow is back!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just picked mine up up from the shop last night and now quite as a church mouse. They messed with it a while and could not fiqure it out and then called Bowtech. I explained to them when I brought it in that I had emailed Bowtech and they said just call the warranty dept....Anyway after they called they were instructed thate there was not enough/or no lubricant where the limbs pivot at the center point on the black plastic looking tabs. They took the limbs off and placed some type of white looking gel there and she now is back to normal.

I pretty sure my Dream Bow is back!
Enjoy!!

Another for BowTech's service!

Dan