Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tru Fire 360 Release

Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tru Fire 360 Release

Does anyone here use this release? I was given one for xmas, but have not used it yet.. just curious on thoughts / experiences with it.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tru Fire 360 Release

I have one, but as it is my first release (used fingers till I got it) I do not have much to compare it to.
I have been using it for around 3 months, and use a D loop.

I think the action is very smooth and like the fact that the jaws close automatically rather than the trigger being pushed forward.
I found the trigger itself a little bulky at first, but have gotten used to that.
The head itself is quite bulky but in practice I have not noticed that it affects my anchor or the use of the release.
The body of the release is quite long and I have it adjusted as short as it goes which fits me fine, but I have reasonably large hands so anyone with smaller hands may find it too long.

Hope this helps.

I guess in the end the best way to find out about it, as you have one is to shoot it and see.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and I really like the way the release folds back along your wrist out of the way if you do not need it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks Dog...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Spike

I bought one and didn't like the amount of pressure needed to pull the trigger - went back to a Scotts and love it - bought the one with nylon strap so Ican tuck in my sleeve when walking or climbing, etc. Won't ever switch again. Just my opinion.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM

I got a 360 Elite Buckle Black Foldback and I can't say bad things. I agree with Dan at his point but still disagree with the "not liking it" part. Matter of preference I would say and my piece is just the right thing for me.

There are many adjustments to be made before you shoot with it. Somehow it's try/error to set it right but once I did mine I heard Rock'n'Roll each time pulling the trigger.

Enjoy
Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I could not agree more with the comments here. Love the fold back design. The screw out adjustment is cool but if you shoot alot this might loosen up and be anoying. The release is not smooth. Try a scott release and you will know what I am speaking of. I just bought the sabertooth and here is the good and the ugly. Head design is incredible. There is a huge difference between this release and the others. Very smooth and the adjustments for length and sensitivity are the best design. The strap is not long enough and is stiff. The front forward design throws your anchor pts. off almost an inch difference between these 2 releases. This will cause you to stretch your finger rather than rap. I am not sure that this is something that one can live with. The perfect release would be the fold back 360 elite with the scott extension adjustments and head design. Let me know when this happens...