Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Slick Trick entry hole, big as a slug >

Slick Trick entry hole, big as a slug

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick entry hole, big as a slug

Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Trick entry hole, big as a slug

This is from a buck I arrowed last week at 40 yards. Slick Trick 100 standard.
The exit hole looked exactly the same, but because it was in the armpit (?) area, I coudn't get a good photo of it. FYI that entry hole is just at the back edge of the shoulder muscle.
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/fightingspirits/P1040797.jpg
Second pic is of the buck, which based on trailphotos, teeth andhoof wear, we believe to be a buckpast his prime and on the downhill slide from about 140 at his zenith.
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/fightingspirits/P1040792.jpg

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to open the photo in this post. It doesn't seem toupload properly. Any help? I did step-by-step directions in the technical link.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Trick entry hole, big as a slug

I have shot 2 deer so far this year with the New Grizz Tricks. The holes and devastation they haveleft has been Awesome. Both deer went down in sight of my Treestand and both times the Blood Trail was so visible I could see a red path to the deer from my Treestand. The accuracy of the Grizz Tricks to 60 yards out of my Airborne 82ndat 306fpshas been Spot on.

Dan
Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Grizz have been doing its job flawless so far. Taken four so far for the seson with the Grizz and all fell within 60 yards, give or take 10-15 yards from my stand. A double lung shot however does not give as much blood as a heart shot, IMHO.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 AM

My wife and I have killed 1 deer each with the standard ST, I was impressed with the holes for the size of the head.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son got a doe with one. She made it all of about 20 yards from the hit. That was just a standard 1" cut 100gr.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The holes on this buck are very similar to the ones on the doe I shot last year and this year. Neither went past 60 yards. Here's the thing with Slick Tricks that I have never had with other broadheads or mechanicals: 100% confidence. They will hit where my field points do, thus I practice more effectively (this has been a problem with some other fixed blades) and I know they won't fail (open early, open late, not open, break off blades)like many of the mechanicals.
Confidence inyour equipment is huge. I'm so glad I went back to fixed blade, and moreso that Slick Tricks were invented.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have taken a deer and a bear now with the standard tricks and my experience is short runs of about 30 yds and a rapid death. Although even with perfect double lung shots I have had minimal blood trails though? I know 2 animals is not much experience but the lack of blood did concern me. Strange though as the both had nice big hole clean through?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably had they gone farther that 30 yards the blood would have really started flowing. I've seen that before on short recoveries with both gun and bow (regardless of broadhead).