Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My New Bow

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Default My New Bow

well,i sold my hoyt powerhawk today.had my new bow choice narrowed down to a bowtech captain or a mathews dxt.I ended up getting the dxt(i liked the way it felt and shot...plus i got a heck of a deal on it brand new from the local proshop)

so my new setup is:

2008 Mathews DXT 29.5" DL and 70lb DW (lost camo color)
cobra 3pin camoflauge sight
g5 meta peep
QAD ultra rest hunter
loop installed
carbon express maxima 350 arrows
fletch hunter release(straight trigger and non velcro strap)
Old 11-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My New Bow

Nice setup - I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it. Just out of curiosity, did you shoot the BT? I haven't shot any yet, but I'm in the market for a new bow this year, and plan to shoot the 2009 Mathews and Bowtechs.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM

yes i shot the 2009 bowtech captain.its a great bow but i really have heard so many more great things about mathews as a company and their customer service was excellent.plus,i have done most of my business with the mathews dealer here and felt wrong traking my business elsewhere for a bowtech.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jdowney85

yes i shot the 2009 bowtech captain.its a great bow but i really have heard so many more great things about mathews as a company and their customer service was excellent.
What you heard about Mathews customer service is true. Although, I've been shooting a Mathews for over 11 years, and never needed its customer service, I have heard of people dropping a treestand on their bow breaking the limbs, and Mathews replaced them.

I also heard of a guy who's bow was somehow ran over by a car, and they fixed his for free as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had problems with my XT (dealer's fault) less than a week before hunting season in '06. They over-night shippeda newcam, wheel, Harmonic Dampener, and Winner's Choice did the same thing with the string and cables.

I made this guy happy!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Spike

Sounds like a good setup, how much did u have to give for it?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Nice rig. Good luck with it.