Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Feild & stream lock on stand >

Feild & stream lock on stand

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Feild & stream lock on stand

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Feild & stream lock on stand

I needed an lock on stand to hunt an area where there was no really great trees to climb up with my summit. So I went to Dicks sporting goods and picked up a Feild & Stream lock on with some ladder sticks and hung it up.
Man -OH- Man does this thing make me miss the comfort of my Summit!

These knuckle heads that designed the seat for this thing must be into pain. The seat comes with this thin little 1" foam pad that sits on a steel frame the exact same size as the pad.... therfore when you ad the weight of your body the foam pushes down through the frame and you end up with your @ss on the steel frame. They should have made the foam a bit larger, or put a thin rigid layer of plywood or plastic to keep the foam from pushing down through the frame. I intend on manufacturing something to remedy this problem soon or my tail bone may be permanently angry at me.
DW
Old 11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feild & stream lock on stand

Thanks for the heads up as I'm getting ready to buy all new stands and that will help me stay away from an inferior product. Since I weigh over 300 pounds,I leave nothing to chance as far as metal fatigue or wear,preferring to "upgrade" every 2-4 years. I'm not much on hang on stands,preferring climbing stands and ladder stands,but I'm sure all their products are built to the same quality level.