Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help... >

Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

First off I need some help locating some parts....the rubber "o-rings" that surround and cushion the limbs in the limb pockets are torn and are getting smashed when I crank the bolts down. I can see how this would change my cam lean and might be the root cause my problem. I also need a new string and cable so I can start fresh there. I have a problem there too though...the lengths that were on the tag on the lower limb are worn off as well as the serial number. The bow is a 2000-2001(?) T-29 60-70 lb draw weight, and I didn't even know that I could register the bowwith theBowtech until it wasWAY too late (thank you pro-shop). Anybody that can give me any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

Contact Bowtech through their website. Twice now I've written them about how to buy a replacement part and twice they just sent the part to me free, no questions asked.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 AM

I would call them at 877-447-0293 or 1-541-342-4503. Just tell them what's up.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I've tried to contact them in the past I was told to get in touch with a localBowtech dealer. Well I think it was my local that messed my bow up when he replaced the string and cable.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM

I've talked to bowtech too...I'd just email or call'em back. I got a bunch of "e" clips from them for my guardian. I think they took a few days to get back to me via email. Probably best bet.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the string and cable length from 2003 model. They should be the same. Mine is a 2001 model with 2003 limb and cam.

String - 80 5/8”
Cables - 31 3/4”

If you contact BT, they'll probably send you the new limb bolt and retainer. The new retainer is the square instead of the round.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:27 AM

you can probably get what you need from one of the guy over at Archery Talk
Old 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM

MOhunting, yajsab and xibowhunter, thanks for the info. 80 5/8 & 31 3/4 sounds about right. I'm really in a hurry now since i was just notified about going to Iraq for a year.....need to kill something I can eat before I go!Camel and goat aren't too bad, but it doesn't compair to wild hog meat....ha!

Howare the newer limbs working for your bow? I've thought about getting newer limbs/cam but my local "dealer" said bowtech made some cam changes and I wasn't sure if they would work too well together so I just said hell with it...I figured it would be a huge mess to reconfigure the matrix/dynamics of the bow to make everything work correctly.

xibowhunter, you mention Archery Talk....are there Bowtech factory people there or really reliable Bowtech dealers? I only ask because of my cam lean problem, they might be able to get me close to the correct cam lean by telling me ROUGHLY how many yoke twists I need to make to get close to centered. I would think they have that kind of information as a starting point for setting up bows at the factory, maybe?

Thanks again for all the help. I really do appreciate it!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

The new limbs worked great as before. The new cam was included in the limbs. I didn't examine closely, but it looks like the old one. I'll have to compare the two to see the difference, just haven't done it.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

You need to go to a dealer. Bowtech is not going to sell directly to a consumer. Most companies have policies against selling directly to consumers. That's why they have dealers.

Quick Reply: Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.