Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow Help

Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM

Default Arrow Help

Shooting a 70# at 30" draw. Local guy recommended Easton 340. Hunting hogs and deer.Any thoughts?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Help

Easton A/C/C's...been around a while, but for obvious reasons. Theyre high, averaging $140/doz fletched...but WELL WELL WELL worth it. I used to go through dozens of aluminum...bought these at the 'begining of the carbon age' and still have some of the original dozen left. Although today is different, I didnt trust any carbon companies when I made the switch because of all the hipe about them shattering, so I got the A/C/C with the aluminum sleeve in them. TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH and almost impossible to bend, break and make un useable. There are so many good companies out there now making carbon I couldnt tell you, but the A/C/C is without a doubt the toughest modern day arrow Ive shot.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 AM

Default RE: Arrow Help

If your rest setup will allow you to shoot an arrow shorter than 30", it will spine a little better if you could cut it to 29". Axis FMJ's are another great Easton hunting arrow.