Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Does Under Armour really work? >

Does Under Armour really work?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Does Under Armour really work?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does Under Armour really work?

whoops, i thought he was asking about hot gear stuff But everyone is right, cold gear is totally different. But if you want something to stay cool, then the walmart stuff will work fine.

I like the endruskin product that Bass pro sells... but its not cheap either. However, they do have sales on it and then thats when I buy.

its always a good idea to ask for these things as xmas gifts to[8D]
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Wally world does sell a "cold gear" knock off guys - and it really is just as effective (i own both the WW version and the UA version) Whether or not your local wally worlds will have it, I don't know. But it is worth a look during the winter months - at the price you can get it for it beats out UA IMHO.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

it works very well and i love how its not bulky but as said above you pay a little more just for the UA logo on it
Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 PM

i dont know much about it but i really dont hav that kind of overpriced gear but its personal preference
Old 09-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Host of Hosts

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll look around at Wally world to see if they stock the things you mentioned. I just can't seem to spend 40-50 bucks on a undershirt
Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Does UnderArmour work? What are you trying to accomplish?

Is it warmer than other underwear? Don't really think so. Does it keep you dry and comfortable? Yup.

Is it too expensive? Yup. No name polypropylene will work as well to keep you dry.

UnderArmour is built very well, however. I own one pair of ColdGear that I have used for 4 years now. Still looks brand new.

So I have a few of their products. I take care of them. They take care of me. I wear it against the skin for outdoor activites.

The sizing on the tight HeatGear is real small. I wear two sizes up from my usual.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM

I haven't tried them in cold weather yet but they do an excellent job of whicking the moisure away from your skin. I imagine that will help in the cold weather on the way to your stand? BTW, I do not have the actual Under Armour but I have the equivelant but more affordable Red Head from Bass Pro.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

Yes it works. I really like the cold gear for bowhunting cold Michigan evenings. I also love my Cold Gear for hunting out west. The tight fit makes layering more comfortable and it draws any sweat away from your skin. I won't hunt without it now.