Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Under Armour?

Anyone use Under Armour? I would like to purchase a suit but I am on a tight budget and would like some different opinions on whether or not it works to keep you warmer during the coldest days of the year and cooler during the warmer days. Appreciate any input.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour?

Hi Bucky,
I have not used the warm gear but I do have the Cold Gear for the winter.
It's a pretty good haul for me to walk out to my hunting spots and it is very hilly. I usually get pretty sweaty getting to my blind. It does an excellent job moving the sweat from my skin to the next layer of clothing.
Since I will then sit for hours on end in frigid temps, moving thesweat off the skin contributes greatly to keeping warm.
Last year was the first time I had it and I can say Istay muchwarmer with it than i did without it

That being said there may be products out there that do the same thing cheaper. I have not tried many of them so I can't comment. Maybe someone else can give you some feedback on a less expensive product
Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Never used it, but its on sale at BassPro.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 PM

better alternative in my opinion, the Redhead Enduraskin(bass pros brand) Usually 10-20 bucks cheaper than underarmor and in my personal usage just as good if not better. usually unless its getting washed i always break out the enduraskin before the under armor...UA just has a cooler logo and gives you a sticker[8D]
Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't found a base layer that keeps me warmer and drier than UnderAmour. But, I haven't tried the knock-off's. If the material is the same as HH, it would probably work as well. I have found however, over the years, that there is a usually a reason that knock-off's are cheaper.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple UA HeatGear shirts that I wear for playing baseball and I think that it does a good job of keeping me cool. I had a knock-off brand last year and all it did was just add another layer on the 100 degree days that we were playing baseball in.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Read the label, it's really just pretty Spandex, you can buy Spandex cheaper elsewhere, and it ain't like the game will see it anyway.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Well all in all its sounds like UA (at leastthe material) really does work. I think I will give ita try
Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Spike

Last year I bought the enduraskin shirt and tested it on a very hot,late summer day of putting up tree stands.I compared the labels with U.A. and they were exactly the same material. I was a little skeptical because I also believe that you get what you pay for. I have to say that it worked better than expected. I drenched it all day and stayed pretty cool. The sweat that it soaks up dries super fast as well. I do have a pair of U.A. underwear with the same material that I had previously bought. They work just as good as the enduraskin. I really didn't notice a difference between the two.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Spike

The warm weather gear works wonders, back a couple years I was playing National tournament paintball and you couldn't find a guy on any team that didn't wear underarmour. It is expensive for a reason and the knockoff's just don't cut it (Or I haven't found a knockoff that has yet).

Quick Reply: Under Armour?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.