Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD rest users...

Old 08-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default QAD rest users...

Any of you guys have issues with these rests in cold weather ? I bought one for my dad, and he's just set on his biscuit for now, and I was considering putting it on my Vectrix. I like the concept, but my main game is bowhunting in the cold in november; rain, wind,snow or shine, and I don't want that thing giving me problems on a frosty morning. Some reviews on CAbelas mentioned this problem, and I'd like to hear from some folks on here about it.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 AM

Default RE: QAD rest users...

I put a QAD Ultrarest HD on last year. Hunted with it in all kinds of weather and I never had any problems.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used my QAD for 2 full seasons here in upstate NY. Its not unusual to get a few inches snow during archery season. I also used it on my 06 Colorado archery hunt, and 1 morning we awoke to 6" snow. You won't have to worry about the QAD in cold, foul weather. I'm heading back to Colorado in 3wks, and no way would I use it if I didn't fully trust it. If anything I'd be more concerned about the WB in foul weather as the whiskers can freeze up, and need to be sprayed w/ a sealer.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problems with the cheapest Hunter model last year.I really do not see how there could be a problem that weather could cause unless you dunked the rest in water and then went out in sub freezing temperatures. The unit is pretty sealed.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

I was just curious. Seemed to be a complaint on the cabelas customer reviews, and like you guys, I don't see a reason why after looking at it. I haven't shot it yet, as I have it and a Shaffer sitting on my shelf, so I'll probably play with both and settle on one
Old 08-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot a QAD Ultra for two years in all weather. The only problem I had was fletch contact and it was cured by using the shorter fingered holder. Faster bows need to use the short setup.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The material with the QAD says I should ue the longer arm for my Ally. However, I have to use the short arm or I get a lot of contact.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

It recomended the same for me but when I contacted them they sent me the shorter one and the problem was solved. One thing you really have to be sure of is the proper spine for your setup.