Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Crimson Talon b-heads??? >

Crimson Talon b-heads???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talon b-heads???

Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crimson Talon b-heads???

What are the specs? Has anyone shot them, and how do they perform? They look awesome, sound great, but are they worth the money?
thx!
Gerard
Old 08-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crimson Talon b-heads???

I have reviews onseveral of there heads on my website. The fixed blade versions are strong accurate, and penetrate well while leaving large wound channels. These heads have come a long way from the first ones that came out several years ago.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I swear by them. I was skeptical at first. They are devastating broadheads. They open animals up very nicely. Huge entry & exit holds, profuse bleeding, no matter how good or bad the hit. These will definately increase your odds on a marginal hit as well, if it occurs.
The only downside... if you want to call it that, is that you generally cannot reuse them on more than 1 deer... maybe turn a used one into a small game head, etc. I believe I have killed 6 deer w/ the CTs now and I have seen everyone go down.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 AM

I tried the CT's when they first came out. They fly very nice and really do cut a nice channel into targets (never was able to connect on a critter with it). The downside I noticed it that because they do cut a spiral channel, pulling them out of targets is very difficult and ofter will rip out the blades. If you shoot hay bails you can just push it through the other side and you should be okay though. Overall I thought they were a very nice head.