Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trophy ridge drop zone

Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 PM

Default RE: trophy ridge drop zone

I have two of them ,neither of them ever gave me any problems ,easy to tune also good luck
Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Ijust put mine back on my S2.I had it on a Bear Element and really liked it.When I got the S2 I went back to the WB but had tuning problems.Put My DZ back on .Like it
Old 08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I had a DZ and had nothing but trouble with it. First, if you take it apart you notice it has 2 posts that the rest rides on with 2 teflon sleeves that ride between the posts and rest arm. When mine came, one of the sleeves had a wrinkle in it and caused the arm to drop unevenly and catch a fletching. A few torn fletchings later, the rest arm, which is made of soft brass, bent and wouldn't drop into the housing. This is a common problem and they offer a rebuild kit to fix it. Replaced the posts, sleeves, and rest arm, and tried it again. No problems for a while, then I got some sand and dirt in/on the sleeves, caused another wrinkle and started the cycle over again, loose accuracy, loose a vane, and hit and bend the arm, replace it. The first time around I called the tech help line and it took a week to get the parts, and the sleeves they sent were too long. Tried to cut them like was told be the tech and I wrinkled the sleeves before I even got them installed. A week later they sent me the right size, I had a bow tech install it. It did work fine for awhile but it was always too noisy IMO. The other thing I didn't like was adjusting the drop speed on the DZ.The bow tech would move the lanyard up or down on the cable, You can still tighten the lanyard too tight and throw off your bows cam timing and even if they are set up perfectly, the lanyard attached to the cable has to have some effect.
I don't like the design of the DZ, too much depends on those flimsy teflon slides to get a perfectly consistent drop. I went to A DMI Expert II rest, now made by G5 and I do like it better. It's practically indestructible and quieter than the DZ but still too noisy for my taste. I'm looking at new bows now, waiting on a left PSE XForce ts to compare to A Parker Black Hawk, and already have a Limbdriver Rest to put on which ever bow I choose. The one thing I like about the Limb Driver is no lanyard attached to a cable to mess with bow timing. I've been told it's quiet, we'll see.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problems w/mine. Got it back in '04....sat through a lot of bad weather...and still is quiet and slick as new.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wack

I had a DZ and had nothing but trouble with it. First, if you take it apart you notice it has 2 posts that the rest rides on with 2 teflon sleeves that ride between the posts and rest arm. When mine came, one of the sleeves had a wrinkle in it and caused the arm to drop unevenly and catch a fletching. A few torn fletchings later, the rest arm, which is made of soft brass, bent and wouldn't drop into the housing. This is a common problem and they offer a rebuild kit to fix it. Replaced the posts, sleeves, and rest arm, and tried it again. No problems for a while, then I got some sand and dirt in/on the sleeves, caused another wrinkle and started the cycle over again, loose accuracy, loose a vane, and hit and bend the arm, replace it. The first time around I called the tech help line and it took a week to get the parts, and the sleeves they sent were too long. Tried to cut them like was told be the tech and I wrinkled the sleeves before I even got them installed. A week later they sent me the right size, I had a bow tech install it. It did work fine for awhile but it was always too noisy IMO. The other thing I didn't like was adjusting the drop speed on the DZ.The bow tech would move the lanyard up or down on the cable, You can still tighten the lanyard too tight and throw off your bows cam timing and even if they are set up perfectly, the lanyard attached to the cable has to have some effect.
I don't like the design of the DZ, too much depends on those flimsy teflon slides to get a perfectly consistent drop. I went to A DMI Expert II rest, now made by G5 and I do like it better. It's practically indestructible and quieter than the DZ but still too noisy for my taste. I'm looking at new bows now, waiting on a left PSE XForce ts to compare to A Parker Black Hawk, and already have a Limbdriver Rest to put on which ever bow I choose. The one thing I like about the Limb Driver is no lanyard attached to a cable to mess with bow timing. I've been told it's quiet, we'll see.
That is the most negative post I've ever seen on a Drop Zone.You must have got the lemon.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM

I have been shooting with a drop zone for 2 years and love it. One thing that i did was to take a 3/4'' peice of rubber tube and cut it in half and glue it to my shelf to hold the arrow when rest is in down position.(this to me works better then the one it comes with)