Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Feedback on General

Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Feedback on General

I don't like the location of the string stop....to close the the arrow knock point. I think the Guardian is the better bow.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

I ordered a General yesterday. When you shoot this bow, it is an unbelievable experience! I had no intention of buying one until I shot it!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 AM

I also had no intention of buying one, I went to the shop to shot the Airborn's and the shop owner asked me if I would like to try the General...And I said no it is ugly I dont like the look of it My buddy that was with me said just try it and compair the couple bows I was shooting....Holly cow do I owe my buddy It blow me away,my friend had his back turned and I let one fly and he turned around and asked me when are you going shoot it, and I said I just did. He just looked at me and said I did not even hear it. Regardless He is is very upset that he bought a new Iron Mace last year becouse he said he wonts one bad.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: youngfart

To heavy for my liking[:@],that's just my thought's,but very sweet shooting bow.
Rocky
Im with you. I find Bowtechs in general to be the least comfortable bows. Shoot great, but dont feel great in my opinion.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

I'm playing the devil's advocate here.

Hows the guardian compare the commander? I figured the target community would jump all over the commander along with the long ATA fan-crowd among hunters...but seems like I never hear of it and it's all "GUARDIAN" "GUARDIAN" "GUARDIAN".

I'm not knocking it...I shot one of them (can't remember which...shop had one of each...but I'm LH so there weren't any sparks.) Even LH shooting on a RH model, smooth and quite are fair descriptions for sure!
I think that there are more Commander fans out there than it seems. At least everyone who has shot or owned one has simply been amazed by it and has nothing but praise for it. I owned one and will own another.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

The General is a real sweet bow I shot one and told my buddy about it. He didn't believe me how quiet and shock free it was. Then about 1 month ago he stopped at the shop and shot it and 5 days later he had one. I personally like the Guardian but that is just me.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:43 PM

I would sure like to try a Commander. Based on what they are going for over on some of the auction sites, they don't appear to be as in demand as the General and Guardian.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:04 PM

I am getting anxious to see what they come out with for 2009. So far, nothing beats the Allegiance.