Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2 >

Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2

Old 08-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2

I am looking for feedback from owners of the cam and a half. From someone who has actually shot one. Reflex or Hoyt bows. Yeah Yeah I have saw the Matthews advertisment too. That is why I would like to hear from owners of the cam and a halfs. How is the draw? Is it radical or smooth? Is it quiet out of the box before all of the simms products are installed? Any and all feedback would be appericiated!!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2

I gots the razortech and it comes out of the box with the simms stuff on them. It is really a great bow. Quiet shock free and accurate. It is extremely forgiving. two and a half thumbs up

Old 08-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I imagine what is considered a great bow by one person, might be considered only fair by another.

That said, I have several hoyt cam & 1/2 bows, and I love every one of them.
They all draw extremely smooth, except my razortec. It is not a real harsh draw, but it is not nearly as smooth as my ultratecs, or protecs. I suppose it is due to the very short axle to axle on this model. It sure does shoot good though, and is quiet as a mouse.

BTW, my razortecs draw cycle is much smoother with 65% letoff modules than it was with 75% modules. Not as radical of a breakover.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the board.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had or do own a number of different brands of bows and I would have to say that I have no problem recommending a cam 1/2.

I have an Ultratec with the 65% modules and I consider it smooth to draw, quiet on the shot, and for the most part shock free. I can' t address your question of shooting it without the simms products because it comes with those installed right out of the box.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Same deal on my Darton Maverick. I bought it because of the smooth draw and the feel of it, plus the easy tuning marks etc. Darton just didn' t have the know how of pushing this publicity wise. Had they we would have been talking about this a couple years earlier. Mmmmmmmmm..... Mmmmmmmmm.... MMmmmmm....(you know) is knocking the cam and a half as they realize the threat to their market. When it was little old quiet Darton that will not under any circumstances sponsor a pro or buy a shooter or advertise a great idea they didn' t worry. Now they' re scrambling to stop the bleeding.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:35 AM

i have a hoyt mt sport cam & 1/2 ,it' s smooth and quiet from day one ! even though i didn' t need to yet i added string leeches to it ,doesn' t make a peep!

Old 08-13-2003, 09:55 AM

I agree with Davidmill.The Darton CPS is the smoothest set up I have shot.Good valley and solid wall.I was also very surprised how well the Mav shoots with a 6 1/2" brace.They make other models with higher BH.

CB
Old 08-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a hoyt zr (magnatec) and its a great bow and i also give a thumb and half up. Its a effective system. [:-]
Old 08-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Spike

I have a Protec with the cam and 1/2 with 65 percent letoff. I love it. Worked great for 3d season and I likes it so much that I am going to hunt with it. They are faster than advertised as well
Old 08-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I appericiate all the feedback, keep it coming. How about any bad experiences? I am looking at either the Magnatech with the 2000 limbs or the reflex buckskin. They both seem to show exceptional performace for the price.

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on the cam and 1/2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.