Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Did I buy a complete piece of crap? >

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Spike

Default Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

I bought a Parker bow not too long ago. It's the first bow I have ever owned and it was cheap to start out with. Im an avid rifle hunter and all I heard anyone talk about was "Man... if you ever kill one with a bow... youll never want to pick up that gun again." So.... I am givin it a try. It seems pretty accurate and pretty quiet. Does anyone have any opinion on Parker bows or know of any disadvantages?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

I know the older parker bows were nice I have a buddy that has one and used it the last 5 years, but he said the ones you that the big stores are selling the last couple of years are not half as nice.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you like it and it shoots good for you then it's not a peice of crap.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

most of the newer bow have some great technology. it is def a great bow to start out with. i started out with an old PSE from 1982 so your already doin better than me.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Exactly. Just because someone who shoots a Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech refers to your bow as a "piece of crap" shouldn't shame you into purchasing something else. If it shoots good and is quiet, it will work at crunch time. A big part of bowhunting is confidence. Don't let yours get weakened with a snooty comment or two.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 AM

I have always shot Parker and love them. I think they're hard bowsto beat for the price. You don't hear a lot about them, but that's only becuase Parker doesn't advertise a whole lot.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: zachw

I bought a Parker bow not too long ago. It's the first bow I have ever owned and it was cheap to start out with. Im an avid rifle hunter and all I heard anyone talk about was "Man... if you ever kill one with a bow... youll never want to pick up that gun again." So.... I am givin it a try. It seems pretty accurate and pretty quiet. Does anyone have any opinion on Parker bows or know of any disadvantages?
Just about any compound one buys over 150 dollars can easily kill deer out to 30 yards. Its the indian behind the bow that insists on instant 2" groups at 40 yards that needs work. It can take several years to develop good form and consistent shooting.

If your hitting the vitals of a 3d target out to 30 yards, then its a good bow.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Parker makes a good bow; don't sweat it.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

dont worry about it a Parker is a good bow. In fact I'm in the process of getting a Blackhawk
Old 05-05-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: monster10rackstack

In fact I'm in the process of getting a Blackhawk

Drooling right now ...That is such a sweet shooting bow, not to mention the thing just looks dead sexy too!!

Quick Reply: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.