Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Did I buy a complete piece of crap? >

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

I think whatever bow is comfortable for the price range you can afford to start with is a great bow. I happen to like the Hoyt Katera XL...It shoots well for me...liked it the best. They should make you shoot these bows blindfolded or remove the name so you don't make a name choice.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother-in-law has a Parker Trailblazer...and it's a sweet shooter....use what fits...don't worry about alot of bow hype.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:08 PM

I agree that you shouldn't worry about the name on the bow. If you like it and you shoot it well; that's all that matters!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM

i have always hated PSE bows. never felt that it was accurate until i found out it was just me. i shot plenty of does but when it came to the bucks i always missed. we blame the bow. but it was bowhunter shakes that got over me. Until this last year i shot my 11 point monster now i love PSE and would not part with it at all.
People use to kill deer with those 6 and 8 wheel monsters from the 70s so i guess it is all about what you want. but your first big deer you will love it too. Practice practice practice.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:08 PM

They have to be pretty good now days. Very competetive. If it is comfortable to you and quiet, don't be shy about buying it. Have heard good things about them.

Todd
Old 05-17-2008, 07:42 PM

One thing that's kind of odd about bows: there are some that have really sweet draw cycles but, for some reason, only group mediocre. And there are others that don't feel like anything special to shoot but nonetheless produce good groups. For me, the two came together in the Hoyt Vectrix XL. My buddy shot it the other day, however,and its just another bow to him.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Parker Phoenix EZ-Draw and it's an excellent bow . I have killed several deer with it . I am not partial to any bow manufacturer . There are a lot of great bow companies out there !
Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 AM

Nope.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

How dare you? haha Nah Parkers are great bows, and like they've said, you can't beat em for the money. I bought a Parker Hornet two years ago and I'm still using it with extreme satisfaction. You'll love it! Good luck!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are real nice for the price. So no u did not buy a piece

Quick Reply: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.