Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Did I buy a complete piece of crap? >

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Old 05-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

i started out with a parker hornet a few years ago...it shot great
Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 AM

You have'nt mention where you bought it from.Did you get at a big box store or a pro shop?My first bow was a Parker Hunter-Mag,so I have a soft spot for them.However,the top of the line Parkers are just as much in cost as all the top manufactors bows.When I got mine it was a very good bow,with no frills,at a much more reasonable cost....Bob
Old 05-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have been selling Parker fora couple ofyears now...the new 08 models are right up there with other manufacturers and are priced right( the Black Hawk is SWEEEET!!). I have a few people that have switched from some very big name manufacturers this year and they are VERY impressed. They are also a great company to deal with and stand behind their product...no worries there...

Wyvern
Old 05-06-2008, 11:32 AM

Here's what alway gets me about threads like this. (This "inferior-bow" complex is common.)

There are plenty of guys out there who kill multiple deer every year with a wooden bow they made themselves. So saying a non- Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtech bow isn't up-to-snuff is absurd. Secondly, nobody needs a 320fps arrow shot from a "smooth" bow. That's just icing on the cake. (A lot of times it's very expensive icing!) I think a guy who really knows his parker/martin/bear/etc. and knows some of the basics about tuning and shooting form can out-shoot a shooter with a $1200 rig and the same amount of skill any day of the week.

Don't buy into "more is better" and learn how to set YOUR bow up for YOU...and you'll be leaps ahead with money in your pocket.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Exactly. Just because someone who shoots a Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech refers to your bow as a "piece of crap" shouldn't shame you into purchasing something else. If it shoots good and is quiet, it will work at crunch time. A big part of bowhunting is confidence. Don't let yours get weakened with a snooty comment or two.
Right on Roskoe. He's on the ball or the bulls eye as usual, there's alot of archer know-it-alls around and have fun with that Parker and your friend told you right, once you kill onewith a bow you'll be a bowhunter for life.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

If you can stick your arrow where you want it, it's not a piece of crap. Go have fun and good luck.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you got a winner for a first bow! Good price and nothing negative said and you say you shoot it well! Sounds like time to practice and have fun.A so called piece of junk your confident with beats a high dollar bow you can't shoot anyday! Congrats on the first bow!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 AM

Parker is not a crap bow they are known for their quality and dependability and many people swear by them so it should be a great starter bow for you.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Parker Bows are some of the best out there for the cash. I think that they could easily sell them in the next price point up. They are smooth, really quiet and accurate. what more could you want. And all that cash you saved from avoiding the Big money rigs you can buy more arrows!! lol

Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought a Parker bow not too long ago. It's the first bow I have ever owned and it was cheap to start out with. Im an avid rifle hunter and all I heard anyone talk about was "Man... if you ever kill one with a bow... youll never want to pick up that gun again." So.... I am givin it a try. It seems pretty accurate and pretty quiet. Does anyone have any opinion on Parker bows or know of any disadvantages?
I don't think they are making rude comments. What I get that they are saying is that once you make your first bow kill you will be hooked like the rest of us and will not want to hunt with a rifle again.

BTW, Parker makes a great bow andthey have awesome customer service.

Quick Reply: Did I buy a complete piece of crap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.