Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trail Cams

Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Cams

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I will still ask the question. Which trail cam do you think is the best bang for your dollar. I don't own one yet but plan on purchasing one soon. Any information as to the pros and cons of one brand over the other would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 AM

Default RE: Trail Cams

I have guided hunters for 32yrs and have useda couple of different cams cuddeback is the way 2 go and they just reduced the prices. fast service.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

On our ranch there are 9 of us that run multiple cameras, needless to say we have at least one of almost every brand, Cuddeback's included, the one that stands out and I will purchase next is aleaf river camera. I would look at them hard if that is the price range you are looking into. They have impressed all 9 of us, good battery life excellent pic's. The camera has a viewable screen built in but IMO it isn't that great but for me I download the pic's to my laptop anyway so it doesn't bother me, however it would be an issue if I needed that feature.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies. They are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Dear Arrowum,

I saw in one of your replied to a posting regarding trail cams that you've been in the guiding business and you prefer the Cuddeback camera to all other brands.
To be honest with you, I am a minority owner in a realatively new business venture that had produced an outstanding new camera that is well worth looking at. It's the SmartScouter (http://smartscouter.com/ssDefault.aspx) and I think it is very worth your while to check it out. It allows for remote viewing of your cam pics from a personal computer or cell phone. You never have to disturb your hunting area and possibly contaminate it with human scent.... not to mention the time, effort and cost associated with checking your cameras. I think this camera is the next logical advancement in game scouting technology. It's available directly from SmartScouter.com and will also be in the next Cabelas due out at the end of April as well as the upcoming archery catalog. L@@K!!