Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions needed for buying a new  bow >

Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Old 03-15-2008, 04:21 AM

Default RE: Opinions needed for buying a new bow

bought a alley 4 wks ago love it. shoot hoyt for 25 yrs . if you buy a string suppresser for your new bow get a meanv.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just bought a truth 2 today, its great, try it out
Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM

I think I payed 750 for the dren there is alot of used ones out there for 550 great bow
Old 03-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the mathews dxt today and let me tell you it was eye opening. i have an 05 hoyt ultra tec and i am selling it asap. i went in their to shoot the hoyt vectrix and they didnt have any. i kind of blew the dxt off for a bit b/c i figured too short, too light, too good to be true. i was wrong. i was shocked by how smooth it was. when i shot it was seriously like the bow didnt go off. all it had was a wisker biscuit and a sight, no stabalizer no nothing. it was awesome. i would have never thought i would have come out of that store wantinga mathews b/c honestly, thats why i shoot a hoyt. i didnt want to jump on the bandwagon. im not downing my hoyt or any hoyteither by any means b/c i will shoot the vectrix before i buy to compare and probably the bowtechs as well but the drenalin was very eye opening for me. my hoyt is anawesome bow as well but its different comforts that make some guyslikecertain bows more than others. that being said, shoot all of the bows you can, cheap to expensive and choose.
btw, sorry for the long post it just seemed suitable to type this up b/c while i was looking for a new bow i had an awesome experience.good luck on your purchase
Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh and btw, one of my friends bought a drenalin last season and loves it. he killed 3 deer with it and it was only his second season strictly bow hunting.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 AM

Hey Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate you input. I have the cahs for the Drenalin but I just can't get over how much bows have gone up since I bought my 1st bow 15-16 years ago. I didn't even spend this much on a new hunting rifle!
Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Spike

There are some real fast and good Parker Bows but a newer Dartin could foot the bill they are really good bows and thay do not have to advertise like matthews or bowtex because dartins been around aalong time with great product just look at the stats over the years. Dartin is always in the top of the pack
Old 03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'am also looking to buy a new bow this spring. I've shot the truth 2, didn't like it, to loud. I shot the Diamond Marquis and Black Ice, great bows both of them. I also want to shot the Mathews Drenalin and S2. I also will be getting the MuzzyZero Effect rest for my new bow. These are bows I'm looking at. Heard all 4 bows are great.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:32 PM

i have just purchase the Mathews DXT an awesome bow that is extremely lightweight also very short. I love it. The speed of the bow, the lightness, and the overall performance is awesome. please give it a try.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:01 AM

I shot several bows the other day and I believe I have made up my mind. I shot the Truth2, Black Ice, Drenalin, DXT, Alleginace and a Hoyt. I loved the Matthews DXT. I shot the bow with only an arrow rest and no stabilizer and when I released the arrow, I found myself in disbelief that I had even fired the bow. It was so smooth that I just looked at the sales man and said "WOW". It was quiet, smooth, no recoil of any kind. I was amazed. I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on it in a few weeks. I figure that I got 16 years out of my last bow and compared to some guys that have to have the latest thing every year, I think that's pretty good. I don't see how they can spend that much money every year on a new bow.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.