Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions needed for buying a new  bow >

Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Old 03-14-2008, 01:27 PM

Default Opinions needed for buying a new bow

I'm looking to purchase a new bow finally after having a Darton for 15 years. I want a lighter bow. The Darton is a nice bow but it's heavy , noisey and 45" from axle to axle. I'm looking at the Matthew's Drenalin and the Bear Truth2. I just can't seem to swallow the price tag on the Matthews ($850.00)vs the Bear Truth2($649.00). I want to set it up with a rip cord drop away rest, I already have a new Tru-Glow lighted site pin front sight. I also was thinking of using a "Peep Eliminator" site instead of the peep sight on the bow string. I would welcome any thoughts on one vs the other and also from anyone that has a Peep Eliminator sight.
Thank You for your opinions. They are most appreciated.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opinions needed for buying a new bow

There are some really nice bows out there now. Light Bows?? Take a look at the Bowtech Allegiance, arguablyone ofthe best hunting Bows ever made. Also you might check out the Diamond Black Ice, and Marquis. Bottom line shoot all the models you can get your hands on.

Dan
Old 03-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Along with the Bowtech/Diamond lineup, you might also look at Reflex Highlander as well as the Bear Truth 2. Very good bows for the money. And if you watch e-bay or the classifieds over on Archery Talk, there are great deals on one or two year old bows. A buddy of mine got a Mathews Switchback XT for $400 recently.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Thank You for your input
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Thanks for your help.
I guess I need to spend more time before I spend more money.
I was trying to keep the cost down a bit but I will spend it if I like the bow better than the Bear Truth2.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:00 PM

I personally went with the Ally butI did shoot some of the new Dartons and they were good shooters too. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

If you want to check out a good bow that spec's out very close to the Truth2, try the Diamond Liberty. The brace height is about 1/2" more, but it's just as light (< 4 pounds) and the ATA is the same. And it's priced right, about $100 less than the Bear.

I just shot one the other day, and walked away nodding my head. Smooth and fast!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM

The Truth 2 is a really nice bow. I have shot several bows lately, and I would say that for the price the Truth 2 and the Diamond Marquis feel like the two best bows to me.The draw and everything just feels smooth on these bows. Haven't shot the Allegiance yet, but drew it back and it felt pretty good too. The Drenalin is very nice too, but I still think I would go with the Truth 2 for the price, but everyone has different preferences.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Truth2 with a hindsight on it, it works real good for me, the hindsight was a little testy getting it dialed in at first, but one it was, it's perfect.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:42 AM

I didn't like the feel of the Truth 2, it felt like it needed a real heavy stabelizer to balance it out to keep the arrows from really taking off on you. Have you looked at the Matthews S2, I wonder if that's a little cheaper then the Dren? I have the Black Ice and it's an awesome little bow at 3.6 pounds with a 32" axle to axle. I hear that Ross makes some nice bows and that G5 is coming out with a couple of bows of thier own very soon called the Q31 and Q33 might be worth considering. I would suggest getting your hands on all of the top brands, Bowtech, Matthews, Diamond, PSE, Ross, Browning, and Bear to see which one fits your needs best.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed for buying a new bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.