Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think >

Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think

Old 02-07-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think

I am looking at buying a new bow this year. It's primary use will be for hunting, but I enjoy shooting targets and 3D in the off season. I am not out there to compete, just have fun. However, I like my bows accurate. I currently shoot a '96 Hoyt Alphatec with the carbonite limbs and command cams (29", 70lbs, 65% letoff). I enjoy how accurate this bow is, even out to longer ranges. However, I would like something a little lighter. I have read the review for the razortec and some of the Matthews bows, but am still undecided. Any suggestions? My local dealer has both Hoyts and Matthews, so I can shoot them both. But, I would like a few opinions first. I am looking to spend in the $700 range, so most of the bows should be within reach.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think

I shoot a 2000 Magna Tec and love it. I also tried the VorTec but it was out of my budget, but as for light weight it was amazing. New cams on the new Hoyts as well, but I love the quality best. JDinAB
Old 02-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Mathews myself, and love it. The Hoyts, though, are a very quality-made bow, worthy of just as much respect. You won't go wrong, either way.
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:48 PM

I ordered the Razor Tec and the LX.

If I were to just choose one (without actually shooting them), I would go with the Razor Tec.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:06 PM
pup

i just bought a razortec boy is it awesome.. i also shot the legacy i didnt even think there was a compareson

peta SUCKS
Old 02-07-2003, 06:57 PM

Try them both!
Legacy is good bow. Easy to shoot and very smooth.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Mathews 'FX'

Bowhunter
Old 02-07-2003, 09:11 PM

I've owned a matthews sq2 and sold it immediately after I tried the Hoyt razortec. the quality, speed, smoothness and accuracy of the razortec was far superior to the matthews in my opinion. I now own a razortec and am thinking of buying a Hoyt ultratec to add to my enjoyment of bowhunting and general archery. the hoyt people are much more friendly than matthews in sharing information and advice on their bows. you won't be disappointed with a Hoyt.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:25 AM

I have a MATHEWS Q2, but it has now been designated a back-up bow. Why? Because I did a crazy thing and shot the 2003 HOYT RazorTec. Man this bow is awesome. I had to buy it. It has it all. But I don't think you could go wrong with either of these 2 companies bows. Go to the shop and shoot the ones you are interested in. Buy the one that feels best in the end. Good luck, you will need it in picking between these 2 lines of bows.

SHOOT STRAIGHT,SHOOT OFTEN&SHOOT A MATHEWS
Old 02-09-2003, 12:05 AM

I just ordered the razortec myself but, one of the pro's at a shop I have used for many years shoots the ultratec competatively as does his son. Both tell me it is a much more accurate bow for several reasons, one being the longer a to a length. I shot his and it was terrific but I chose the razortec for its manuverabiliy when hunting. I believe you can't go wrong with either, or any of the other hoyts. I've shot them all in the last couple of weeks and they really are tremendosly smooth.
Good luck, i know my decision was tough.

Quick Reply: Hoyt or Matthews--what do you think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.