Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowtech/Diamond ShortStop issue >

Bowtech/Diamond ShortStop issue

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech/Diamond ShortStop issue

Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech/Diamond ShortStop issue

You could also use a cushion button for a kisser rather than the disc type with clamps. That'd be similiar to tying one on. I'd think they would last.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I made some progress on the personal solution for this problem. I got a Saunders Kiss-XL button and slipped it onto the string, with the protrusion where the clamp normally gets applied to secure it pointing downward (nearly butted against the nocking loop) and used just a drop of BARGE cement to hold the button in place, with the slit 90* from the string travel direction. I chose the Kiss-XL not only because of it's size, but mainly because of the several small holes which perforate the button.

Then, I served the button where it sat (I'd actually thought of this before Dan's suggestion, but thanks for solidifying the decision for me! In fact, as a gesture of my appreciation, I just ordered a MeanV from you, for my dearly-departed Q2.) I worked the serving around the string and then through the perforation holes on either side of the slit, in a figure 8 pattern, and also "stitched" those two holes together. Another dab of BARGE and some curing time, and I was off to the range.

After 150 shots, now, it's still attached. Big improvement over the previous experience. Maybe this thread will serve as help to Bowtech/Diamond dealers and buyers when my fellow minority of shooters buy a bow with a ShortStop.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bruce, Glad it's working out for you

Dan
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Update to this thread:

Three weeks and nearly 500 shots later, the Saunders kisser is still solidly in place. I just replaced the ShortStop rubber again, but I suppose that's just a hazard of so many shots into the soft rubber (and if it was hard rubber, it wouldn't function as well, I can see that.) Once you glue the rubber in place, it definitely stays put.

There are four weeks left in our league play; as soon as that's over, I do intend to make some overhauls. I'm currently thinking that it might be wisest to just remove the entire string and install a new one - that way, if I'm not happy with the outcome of the new stuff I can simply replace the current string and not have to fiddle around with resetting much.

I'm 99% sure that a MeanV is going to be replacing the ShortStop. I believe that I wouldn't have to do this if Bowtech offered an optional geometry to the ShortStop's alignment cam - for example, provide them in 3/8" length increments from the standard. But they don't. I'm not worried about the ShortStop being in my field of vision if it is positioned slightly higher against the string: I need to hold my head more erect anyhow (raise my peep and the sight.)

This is not, in any way, a "bash" of my Diamond Marquis. It remains one of the nicest bows I've ever shot or owned. And as of today, it's sporting a Limb Driver rest --- very nice!