Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

FOB's

Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default FOB's

Has anyone here tried them or know anyone that has ?..Seems to be hot new replacement for vains and feathers when useing a drop-away rest....
I cant beleave Iam typeing this being a die hard WB user.....whats with that .
Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FOB's

I've been shooting them for about 6 months now and I really like them. I hated fletching arrows and these things are so easy to use. But the bonus is they fly great too.

I have white wraps and a white fob with black nocks and I think they look every bit as good as blazers.

Your dropaway rest has to be set up exactly right or it won't be pretty....

Broadhead flight is amazing. You can shoot the biggest fixed blade heads at any speed with no worries. And they excel when shooting in a crosswind. What's not to like?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what Ive be getting is the rip-cord(08) is the drop away to use(Paul M.)and now Iam just trying to decide if I should give them a try....The price isnt bad and they seem to group the arrows betterat say 40yrds plus and wind drift is cut down.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would like to try some of these when i get a dropaway. I've heard that they are loud. Are they really? gzg38b, What do you mean when you say your dropaway has to be set up exactly right?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to make sure the flipper/rest drops fast and also make sure it clears strings and shelf.If you go to there site they have several differant vidios on it and also how to check clearance...
Starrflight.com...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

i would like to try some of these when i get a dropaway. I've heard that they are loud. Are they really? gzg38b, What do you mean when you say your dropaway has to be set up exactly right?
What I mean is that since the FOB is rigid, ANY contact at all is bad news. When I first set up my QAD, the cord length was a tad too short causing the rest to drop too late. The FOB hit the forks of the rest and the arrow hit 10 yards in front of the target and the FOB came flying off!

With a feathers or vanes, you can sometimes get away with minor fletching contact and not even know you have it unless you did a foot powder test. Your groups might suffer a bit but it's not immediately obvious when you have contact. With the FOB, it's very obvious to say the least.

NOW - that's not a bad thing! I'd rather know I have contact and be able to correct it than to have it and not know it.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

From what Ive be getting is the rip-cord(08) is the drop away to use(Paul M.)and now Iam just trying to decide if I should give them a try....The price isnt bad and they seem to group the arrows betterat say 40yrds plus and wind drift is cut down.
Loud is the wrong word...but I will admit they are not as quiet as blazers and the noise is from behind..I have stood down range and can not tell any diffrence from FOBs and blazers... Add a broadhead to blazers and beside accuracy, you can't tell any diffrence...I killed 4 deer this year with em and the deer didn't seem to notice anything

If FOBs are loud then your bow is really loud...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got the DROPZONE on and tuned..waitting for my FOB's...