Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

buying a new Bow

Old 12-24-2007, 08:41 AM

Default buying a new Bow

I haven't bowhunted in about 15years and am now getting the fever again and in need of a new hunting Bow. I used to shoot touranments as well but not now. looking for a good hunting Bow. I looked at the Drenalin, The general and Hoyt which one would you suggest. The last Bow i shot was a Proline(like I said long time ago). So much more infro out there now and everyone promoting we are the best and the fastest. Any Ideas?
Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: buying a new Bow

I would suggest to first find a pro shop that has a good reputation. Then shoot several bows. I had my heart set on a Hoyt, but ended up with a BowTech Guardian. Not much differences in the top end bows, get one that fits you and feels good to you.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

One that you like and fits you...Just keep on trying differant bows and go with the one that feels like it belongs....
Some wil tell you there's is the best,that one isnt any good,bla bla bla......
Its going to be for you no one else...
But right now would be the time to p/u a 07 model for a good price...
Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 PM

Im hearing the big three are matthews(dxt,denalin) Bowtech(general), Hoyt Karana) is this right?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

There are many other nice bows besides the "big 3". PSE, Parker, Ross, Diamond, Bear and many others. Get it set up right, and they all shoot good.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:20 PM

I am a new member an would like to hear as much input on this issue before making a purchase. I hear Diamond has limb breakage problems is this right but other wise a good Bow? What Arrow do you like, sights, rest? Thanks for any input
Old 12-24-2007, 02:24 PM

One that you like and fits you...Just keep on trying different bows and go with the one that feels like it belongs....
THATS TRUE shoot as many as you can and the one that feels the best is the best for you![8D]
I personally like the diamond marquis
Old 12-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

ill agree with them shot different bows, Im recommending the Hoyt Katera or Katera Xl, if you want to read something amazing about Hoyt, go to www.hoyttoughbows.com and read the stories people have put hoyt bows through !!!! but in the end pick the one that fits you!! Hoyt as a life time warrenty with there bows!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lifetime warranty is on most if not all of the top name bows. Be sure and shoot the General, but also shoot the Guardian, Allegiance, and the AirbornesI wish I could afford them all

Dan
Old 12-25-2007, 01:50 PM

Hoyt, Bowtech, or Matthews are three good bow manafactures, but ive put my hoyt thru the worst of the badest conditions and i would recommend the Hoyt Vectrix or Hoyt Katera

Quick Reply: buying a new Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.