Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

FOB's

Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default FOB's

Has anyone heard of these FOB's ? Has anyone tried them and how did they work ?

nubo
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Default RE: FOB's

I have heard of them. I watched a video where I guy shot a deer target at 100 yds with them and had about a 3 inch group right in the kill zone. I don't like the idea of them popping off on a pass through, and you have to use a dropaway rest.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not big on them from what I see ,I know they've been around for a couple season's now and just wondered what everyone was thinking about them . I have a friend who ordered them ,but I'm yet to here if he's used them yet.

nubo
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 PM

I have tried the Starrflight FOB's and did not really like them. Here is my rationale. I have two tubes of the 1" style in orange. For one thing, when you shoot accurate groups on the target, you will actually shoot through the previous arrows FOB. I actually brokeone FOB already. You also have to realize that they are designed to come off with the nock, when your arrow passes through an animal. This sounds great, just remember that you will probably need some other sort of flourescent markings on the end of your arrow, or your arrows will be much more difficult to find compared to fluorescent fletching. The last reason that I went away from them was based on my choice of rests. I went with the Vital Gear Kazaway rest. It has two arms that actually hold the arrow when the bow string is at rest. I really like this feature. But the FOB's kept on contacting the rest arms, and actually prematurely wearing them. I could not adjust this out of the rest. Since I was the only one at the bow range that I go to, using the FOB's, I decided to go with the most popular choice of the other archers there and that is the 2" Blazer vanes. Overall they seemed to shoot pretty well, but with the negatives that I mentioned above, decided not to keep using them. If you decide you want to use them, I will make you a good deal on almost two tubes of 1" diam. orange ones. Just PM me if your interested.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

My filming partner uses them, and they shoot great, like lasers out of his Bengal. They do require a fall away rest though. Crest or wrap your arrows for visibility. We lost a new carbon shaft for a week because we didn;t put a luminock in it. (found it a week later)
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had them and really wouldnt recommoend them..............
Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

I tried them and like the FOBs . They will be coming out with some Glo FOBs soon and as soon as they do , i'll order some . I am using a DMI drop Away rest .
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly, I don't see the point. I fletch with Blazers and cannot imagine better arrow flight or accuracy and I can reuse them over and over without them coming off including grouping.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'll put my faith in an Aero-Space Engineer and give them a try this year !
Old 09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I replaced my blazers this year with FObs and love em. They will definitely be in my quiver this year.

Quick Reply: FOB's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.