Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

talked out of a ripcord

Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Default RE: talked out of a ripcord

Dan - what is it about the ripcord you like better than the QAD?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Dan - what is it about the ripcord you like better than the QAD?
I have had troubles with the QAD getting clearance before, never had that issue with a Ripcord. QAD once told me on a specifically stubborn setup to try raising my nock point a 1/4"[&:]
I don't think so! I'm not changing the tune ona bow to over come the short comings of a rest. The last one I tried was a QAD LD. I still sell the QAD but I won't recommend them. Sometimes they do work great, but sometimes in my book isn't good enough.
I've had more than one issue with the QAD rests

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
bigcountry

I have heard all the talk of clearance issues with the QAD. So I was hesitate. But I put it on my commander, and it took litterly 10 shots or less to tune. That was impressive to me. It wasn't however dead even arrow balance as some say with binary cams, my nock is raised just a tad over center.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have heard all the talk of clearance issues with the QAD. So I was hesitate. But I put it on my commander, and it took litterly 10 shots or less to tune. That was impressive to me. It wasn't however dead even arrow balance as some say with binary cams, my nock is raised just a tad over center.
Glad you had a good experience. That is not always the case

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM

ive been using the rip cord for a few years now and have never had a problem.was thinking of buying the new trophy taker full containment but just cause i like to change things up every once in a while,but decided that the ripcord was still working to good to be replaced.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:10 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Glad you had a good experience. That is not always the case

Dan
Dan, I notice they added some good horizontial adjustments to the limbdriver finally. The first ones I looked at, didn't have this. I don't like anything where you have to change the fork angle for horizontial adjustments.

One thing I will say about both ripcord and the QAD. The stupid bar is not needed. All it can do is cause you issues. And if you have problems with your arrow jumping out of the deep fork, there are other issues at play here.I need to replace the MZE onmy older liberty and trying to decide to give the limbdriver another try. One thing it does not have is total containment.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I notice they added some good horizontial adjustments to the limbdriver finally. The first ones I looked at, didn't have this. I don't like anything where you have to change the fork angle for horizontial adjustments.

One thing I will say about both ripcord and the QAD. The stupid bar is not needed. All it can do is cause you issues. And if you have problems with your arrow jumping out of the deep fork, there are other issues at play here.I need to replace the MZE onmy older liberty and trying to decide to give the limbdriver another try. One thing it does not have is total containment.
I agree I was glad to see the vertical adjustment added. Yes the bar is not needed on the QAD or Ripcord, personally I think it is just a selling point
The fork on the Limb Driver is now also pretty deep. I can't imagine an arrow getting out of there

Dan