Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Big Game Escape/Escape Delux Blinds? >

Big Game Escape/Escape Delux Blinds?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Big Game Escape/Escape Delux Blinds?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Big Game Escape/Escape Delux Blinds?

With Christmas come and gone I have been left with a good amount of Bass Pro gift cards and was wondering if anyone out there has used the Escape/Escape Delux Blinds. Do they perform well, have shoot through netting, and do game (turkey and deer) spook at close distances to these blinds. Oh yea, are they pretty durable.

Thanks,
Old 12-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big Game Escape/Escape Delux Blinds?

I have the Big Game Escape Deluxe and it is well worth the money. It is very light weight and set ups and tears down in no time. You can put a lazy boy recliner in one of those bad boys and still have room to shoot with your bow. I would highly recommend one. Why pay over 300 for a Double Bull when you can pay half and get the same comfort with a Big Game?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eversboys

I have the Big Game Escape Deluxe and it is well worth the money. It is very light weight and set ups and tears down in no time. You can put a lazy boy recliner in one of those bad boys and still have room to shoot with your bow. I would highly recommend one. Why pay over 300 for a Double Bull when you can pay half and get the same comfort with a Big Game?
Have you ever owned a Double Bull?

Dan
Old 12-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

As MeanV2 implied double bull blinds are super nice. I have hunted out of an escape deluxe blind. They are very nice for the money. The shoot thru mesh is great unlike other blinds it is almost impossible to see into the blind through the mesh. They do have some similar features as alot of the top end blinds for a much lower price. I really dont care for the fact that out of the double bull blinds you cant shoot standing up like you can in the escape deluxe.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

MeanV2,

I have never owned a Double Bull.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought 3 different brands of well known Blinds, one was a Double Bull. I can tell you after having and using those blinds which is the only Blind I would buy now. I won't mention any brand names, but I am buying another Double Bull this year. The 2 other brand blinds were sold on Ebay. You really do get what you pay for. While a cheaper made blind may be fine for some and meet their needs. I hunt several days in several states and my Double Bull takes the use and abuse. It didn't take long to see the others would not be up to the task. Sometimes you are better off to spend 30% to 40% more right at the start than end up going through 2 or 3 blinds to find what you want.
A bargain is not always a bargain!

Dan
Old 12-28-2007, 08:46 AM

I have hunted from a Double Bull Matrix 360 and I did enjoy it ( they are the top of the line when it comes to ground blinds), However, unlike my buddy that I was hunting with I primarily hunt from a tree 15' minimum, but there are also certain setups that I want a ground blind, so I dont think it would be economical for me to spend the $400 on the Double bull when I will only be using a blind on about 3 different sets.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dan,

Just out of curiousity was one of the other two blinds the Escape models mentioned? Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong with preferring the Double Bull. I have yet to hunt out of one but for the price I would expect them to be the cat's meow.

I do own the original Escape DX and the new Eclipse (the same blind FWIW) and for $100 they offer an excellent alternative in terms of quality and design.

I am eyein' up that new Double Bull Dark Horse model. I like what they have done with it. Now if I could just come up with the dough....
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Dan,

Just out of curiousity was one of the other two blinds the Escape models mentioned? Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong with preferring the Double Bull. I have yet to hunt out of one but for the price I would expect them to be the cat's meow.

I do own the original Escape DX and the new Eclipse (the same blind FWIW) and for $100 they offer an excellent alternative in terms of quality and design.

I am eyein' up that new Double Bull Dark Horse model. I like what they have done with it. Now if I could just come up with the dough....
Humm? Yes it was and it is a good blind for the moneyI just don't see not spending the $$ and getting a better quality blind that will last longer and you'll be $$ ahead in the long run. I bought 4 different brand of Blinds last year and I now have only 2 Double Bulls with a Dark Horse on order. I figured put a few more $$ in to start and I'll have Blinds that will last for years and save me $$ also. Maybe I'm wrongI will say the Escape IMOwas the next in line in quality to the Double Bull the others were distant 3rd and 4th's

If I had bought the Double Bull's to start with I would have saved money. Also their customer service is second to none. That means a lot!!

Or maybe if I hadn't bought a Double Bull at all I wouldn't know what I was missing[8D]

Dan
Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Escape Delux and generally like it. I came across one problem with it while hunting with my kids after Christmas however. When I was breaking it down, the skeleton/hub came out on one of the walls. They are slipped into a sleeve on each corner and can come out easily. I was able to finally get it back in place, but it was an annoyance.