Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Whisker Biscuit and Axis Arrows >

Whisker Biscuit and Axis Arrows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biscuit and Axis Arrows

Old 12-25-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit and Axis Arrows

I have had a little issue with my Whisker Biscuits over the past six months, since I started shooting the Axis ST arrows. Every once in awhile, this skinny arrow will find it's way into the bristles at about the 4 o'clock position. When this happens, I get a wild flier that goes about 18" right and 10" low at 20 yards. I have noticed it a couple of times before release, but about 3/4 of the time I'm concentrating on the pin and don't see that the arrow is not in the WB hole. Maybe a total of 20 times in about 2,000 arrows. Sure would hate to have this happen in a hunting situation. Got new WB's this fall, but it still does this occasionally. Just a little FYI. I'm thinking of going to one of the new containment drop away rests this spring. Roskoe.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit and Axis Arrows

I've got the same setup, but haven't had any problems with the axis getting into the bristles. May just be a bad biscuit. I'm planning on switching to the APA Ultimate, but not because of any problems, just feel like upgrading.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Roskoe, I'm shooting a wb and axis arrows, does the arrow dig into the whiskers when you draw back or when the arrow's released ? I had those wildflyers as well but I couldn't tell you what changed it, all I can tell you is when I papertuned my bow and moved the wb it went away.....
Like JKB said, it might be a messed up wb, I have a fuse wb and it checks out fine.

Frank
Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

dumb thing maybe but is the wb's whisker's ring tightly screwed on and are the black whiskers vertically right under your arrow for support ?
My guess would be when drawing back the arrow is pinched and pushed down right into the softer whiskers.

Frank
Old 12-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Had the same issue Roskoe when I switched from ICS Hunters to the FMJ's. I replaced my biscuit ring with the "small" size one and so far so good. What size are you using?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:29 PM

I've got a small size WB - and I got a new one after it did it a couple of times thinking it might be the biscuit. But a couple of times, I have noticed the arrow dug into the bristles just prior to releasing - so I'm pretty sure it happens during the nocking process.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Roskoe, when you draw slowly does it happen then ?
like I said, might be your arrow getting pinched and pushed down ?
I know your bow is tuned and your arrows are as well, so it's puzzler this one...

F.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:48 PM

I just about always draw slowly. I'm thinking I must be pushing it into the bristles when I nock the arrow. Not really sure, though - the frequency is pretty low.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to see ya leave the whisker and goto all those moving parts...I never had a problem with the Axis slim techs in my whisker...Is your whisker getting worn out? I actually left the axis because of the recessed insert..I didn't like it because my broadheads do not have a washer....as a result I was digging into the carbon when my arrow hit hard surfaces......I sacrificed some speed and went to the thicker gold tips. Good Luck.