Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows >

Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Old 08-03-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

I'm thinking about putting a whisker biscuit on my PSE stingray and switching from 2413 aluminum to carbon. I have not shot carbon before and would like some advise on what carbon arrows to try Beman ICS, ACC etc??
Old 08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Both are excellent arrows with the acc's on top in my opinion. I have hunted with them both.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:33 PM

I shoot Goldtip carbon arrows with a whisker bisquit and have never had a problem
Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd recommend silky smooth carbons for the biscuit. The rougher ones can make a draggin noise when drawing.
IMHO- beman ics blacks.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Throw a vote in for the Beman ICS hunters. I typically end up using them as my hunting arrow each season...though the Easton Excels might also get the nod.

On a related note, make sure you get the Medium sized biscuit if you are going to be shooting ICS style carbons. The "small size" is typically for really skinny carbons such as the Easton Axis.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:37 AM

I personally have never found anything better then the ACC's but they are pricey. I'm using the ACC's with a Biscuit this year and they are very quiet through the rest.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The newest is the Easton Axis . They give you internal components with a new insert design and very slim profile shafts. IMO thin shafts outperform because of minimal wind drag. The whisker biscuit should be for thin carbon shafts. I use both carbon and Whisker Biscuitand would never go back to aluminum, even if Chuck Adams paid me to. The problem with acc is they will bend some.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Ishoot Goldtips with my WB, and have not had a problem Matter of fact, I have harvested more deer with this set up that any other before!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:51 PM

I shot Carbon Express CX-200's out of my biscuit, i love them, i get great accuracy, and its dead silent. I might switch to their new ultra thin arrow next spring, or at least try them out.

slayer
Old 08-05-2005, 12:36 PM

Ordered the buscuit today along with some Beman ICS black arrows
Finallytaking the plunge from Aluminum!!

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit and Carbon arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.