Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage 3 Blade Broadheads

Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Rage 3 Blade Broadheads

OK....I am new to hunting.net and it seems like there is a lot of good information on here, so here goes. I have always shot Muzzy 3 blade with great success, and have tried some other mechanicals (Spitfire, Rocket) and have mixed thoughts on them, are the rage 3 blade as good as the 2 blade rage....anyone had any problems with these? Penetration, accuracy, success?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 AM

Default RE: Rage 3 Blade Broadheads

I shot my buck w/ the 3 blade. Impressive is the only word I can come up with. They fly perfect and cut one heck of a hole. I would love to tell tales of the blood trail, but he dropped in his tracks. That wasn't the BH though, that was a spine shot.

I've seen the damage of both the 3 blade and the 2. Both were just incredible.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I prefer the 2 blade, but either way, you can't go wrong. Devastating heads!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Stick with your muzzy. Machanical heads are just another way for someting to go wrong. I've shot deer with Machanicals and learned the hard way that they are not as durable and don't always opend like they should. If your fixed head flys with your field tips like your muzzy should why switch. Don't fall for the advertising trap that many have fell into with these rage heads.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ad trap or not TS, i have never had a blood trail with any broadhead like the 2 blade rage this year. and as for durability, it went through the back shoulder. did its job. dont get me wrong, it was right through the boiler room, but i have had deer that didnt lose nearly that much blood with the same shot. if you maintain them like anything else they wont fail.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

I switched to the Rage two blade this year from NAP's Thunderhead. I really like them.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tschammel

Stick with your muzzy. Machanical heads are just another way for someting to go wrong. I've shot deer with Machanicals and learned the hard way that they are not as durable and don't always opend like they should. If your fixed head flys with your field tips like your muzzy should why switch. Don't fall for the advertising trap that many have fell into with these rage heads.

That's a heck of a trap to fall into. The trap is shooting the most devastating head out there.

By the way, have you shot the Rage head? If not, it would probably make more sense not to bash it. It makes you sound ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
click on my link for a review of both the two and three blade rage heads.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my thread and were helpful, that is what makes hunting.net a good source of information.