Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems? >

Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems?

Has anyone experienced blade retention problems with the rage broadheads?

I know 5 shot did on his review while shooting thru the plywood and steel drum and I have read where 1 or 2 people had lost a blade on an animal.

I was wondering if this was a common problem while using them on live game or just an isolated incident?

The devastating entry holes have me interested in them
rick

Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems?

I havent experienced that
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot 3 deer last year with them, 2x were hard quartering away shots that took out multiple ribs as well as passing through the thin part of the shoulder blade on the far side. All came out perfect.........cleaned them up and they are actually my practice heads now. They work flawlessly. I'm not saying you will never have one fall apart, but I haven't had one do so and I can't see one coming apart without doing plenty of lethal damage in the process. The blades are thick.......
Old 08-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

My wife and I shot two bears each with them last May and had no problems. They blew through ribs and passed through completely. After cleaning the blood and dirt out of the blades they were still perfect.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm not saying you will never have one fall apart, but I haven't had one do so and I can't see one coming apart without doing plenty of lethal damage in the process. The blades are thick.......
I was one of the few folks around that had a first hand encounter of a Rage breaking its blades in an animal (at least from what everyone posted). And it broke both blades.

That said, and as I have written in other posts, the entry hole was just like it should have been, exit hole was a field point poke. Deer bled just like a double lunged deer does, and was found dead inside 75 yards.

So as Matt wrote above, I can't really see one coming apart without doing lethal damage either, and thats because I have seen one come apart, and it did lethal damage anyway.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 AM

thanks guys. I really wouldnt be too upset if the blades got damaged as long as they got the job done in the process.

I spined a fallow deer a couple years ago with a wacem. It lost a blade or two but I didnt care.

rick

Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know they had a problem with some of their broadheads in the past.

http://deeranddeerhunting.com/Default.aspx?tabid=376&view=topic&forumid= 124&postid=30123
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've used the Snypers on 5 animals, I have lost blades on 1 or 2 of them but it was after the hole was made on the exit side. At that point it becomes irrelevant and the blades need replaced before use again anyway.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I know they had a problem with some of their broadheads in the past.

http://deeranddeerhunting.com/Default.aspx?tabid=376&view=topic&forumid= 124&postid=30123
This is true, but to their credit, they owned up to the problem and recalled them. Recalls are SUPER expensive to do. But of course, reputation is very difficult to fix too.

They made it right, and you can be assured that anyone you purchase now will be correctly made.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM

I'm not going to hold the recall against them. They knew something was wrong and they took care of it even though I am sure it cost them alot of money.

I called them today and they said 60 lbs. was more than enough to use the rageheads. He said they are having great luck with people who shoot as little as 45 lb. bows.

rick

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads- Blade Rentention Problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.