Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Enigma Camo

Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Enigma Camo

I just recieved an order from Chuck at Enigma camo and let me tell you, I couldn't be happier. Let me start by saying that Chuck is one of the nicest guys you will ever speak with. We had several phone conversations while he was working on my camo and every time after we got off the phone I was amazed at how personable he was, as well as being concerned with the "little" details that matter most.

My camo arrived Tues. and I couldn't get the box open fast enough. As expected to Wolfskin material is unbelievable. It is whisper quiet, the colors are very sharp and vibrant, and it appears to be tough as nails. I immediately headed for a stand that we have been seeing a good buck out of. The buck never showed that afternoon, but a bachlor group of 18 mature toms and jakes did. The birds got within 11 yds. of me in a 12 ft. ladder stand in fairly open draw, and while I got "the eye" several times, they never could pick me off. I didn't try to shoot one for fear the buck was somewhere close by, but I do believe I could have pulled it off. I hunted in it again yesterday morning in a light rain and it kept my dry. While it is not waterproof, the repellency is adequate for light showers or heavy dew.

Anyone shopping for great camo, made from a fantastic material, should contact Chuck. He will work hard to insure you get all the features you desire and that it fits exactly how you want.

http://www.enigmacamo.com/
Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Enigma Camo

Post of pics of you in your environment.. Like to see how well Enigma works from a happy customer..

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

rdy2 i dont know?????
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah it's good stuff.

I recieved 2 complete sets last Friday for my Axis hunt this week end.

I will be able to do better than pics as one of the suits is for the cameraman from "Hunting on a Budget". The hunt is going to be on tv next year and we are going to call it the Enigma hunt

But I will have the cameraman put some clips up when he gets the editing done
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

What was the wait time between ordering and receiving the camo? Did you just get a regular jacket/shirt and pant or did you have extra work added?

I'd like to get some Engima G2 for next season once this season ends and was curious how they are doing with their production.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great stuff although I have had a few issues with mine but Chuck is going tosend me a complete new set. He has great concern about customer service and satisfaction.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:43 AM

Glad you like it, I certainly love mine. This is my second season using it, and I'm YET to be picked off in stand. Wait one, let me correct that.....the buck I just shot looked up at me from 18 yards, and I was fairly in the open, not the best stand location I could have picked.....

He looked at me for a minute, but never spooked.....Shoot, he never even got nervous.

I don't know what it is about this stuff, but there is SOMETHING to it. Squirrels don't react the same to it.....I have literally, in very noisy leaves, walked to within 5 feet of squirrels on the ground, and they just look at ya....I have had 4 red tailed hawks and 1 perigrine falcon land in trees right next to me, in fact, I had to duck the falcon....I thought he was going to land ON me....I just don't know what it is.....but it's got the eyes of wildlife baffled...

Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Whitehorn

Post of pics of you in your environment.. Like to see how well Enigma works from a happy customer..

Thanks.
If he posts the pictures, just keep in mind that how and what you see is completly different thanhow and what game animals....especially deer see.
Here is a picture of me, in my environment, with my Enigma...and the Buck it helped me take. This dude stopped about 18 yards away, gave me a casual glance and then moved on like nothing was there.

I have two sets of Enigmaand could not be happier. The stuff is durable, quiet, loaded with great features and can be custom ordered to fit if you're not a "regular" size guy. I'm pretty tall and Chuck has cut both of my sets to my specific desires.
You simply won't get this kind of customer service from any other manufacturer.
Chuck is a retired COP now making a living doing what he loves to do and is a great guy to boot. Even if you don't buy the Camo, give him a call just to shoot the breeze.
You can't go wrong with Enigma.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is me in my front yard with the buck I killed this year. I love my Enigma and hope to order a set of G2 soon.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for being so late getting back to this post. I will take some pics in my hunting environment, but as NavyDeerHunter stated it will look different to the game you are hunting than it will to the human eye.

As far as the question about time/garments ordered goes. I placed my order in early Sept. and told Chuck I would like it by the start of Nov. I ordered a pair of pants "loaded" and a field shirt "loaded" as well. Loaded means double thickness in high wear areas, knees, elbows, etc. I also got the hand warmer pockets, and too many other features to mention. I also ordered a hat, face mask, and dew rag. If you plan far enough ahead and don't approach the order as "I need it yesterday." than I think you will be more than happy with Chuck. As an owner of a small business I understnd people who wait until the last minute and then gripe that it is taking to long. The other thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that these are custom garments made one at a time for each customer.

Quick Reply: Enigma Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.