Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

allen / release

Old 11-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default allen / release

Has anyone used one of these walmart specials? 10$ anygood?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: allen / release

You normally get what you pay for. There is a reason why some releases are $200 and others are $10. If that's all you can afford though, then I would say that it is definitely worth it. However, for around $50 to $75 , you can get a really nice one scott or tru ball.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Spike

I bought one of these when I first started shooting a compound, about 3 years ago. I have since bought a Tru-Ball release and a Cobraand I still shoot the Allen more than the other 2. I also have several friends that shoot the Allen as well and they preform flawlessly.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with the Allen release. I will buy another when/if mine wears out.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had bad experiences with cheaper releases, had one start slipping and my bow would fire while i would draw. I have since then bought a true-fire X-Caliper, paid $70 for mine but all reviews i have read say they lasted up to 10 years even longer. i personally think it's worth paying the $$$ for a quality release. though i have never used the Allen release.

i say try it out if you don't like it get another one for $10 can't go wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the responses, I think I will give this allen a try and buy a little better arrow. And get a little nicer release later.