Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allen compound

Old 10-15-2002, 09:20 AM

Default Allen compound

I have an Allen Compound bow that was made in August 1975. It's in very good condition and bagged me some nice deer over the years. Does anyone know it's value?
Old 10-16-2002, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Allen compound

Makers,
The Bear Whitetail was made/licensed under the Allen patent. The two are just about identical.

I have seen the Whitetail bow go on eBay for between $20 and $50. There is one in my local bow shop's used rack for $35. It has been there for quite some time. The problem is that used bows are going for under $100 that have higher letoff, factory camo, lighter weight and ability to mount more accessories without drilling.

I'd say use it, give it to a newcomer or just keep it on the wall.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Makers as you probably know Allen was the original maker of the compound bow and to a collector it could be worth a lot or not I can remember when the first came out with them. I do know this it for sure should be worth more than a bear whitetail. I had one of the first ones that was made crude by todays standards but a real inovation at the time. Can you post a picture of it.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:40 PM

I will try to get the picture. I was offered $200 in 1982 by a guy who wanted it as a collector. I could have gotten a real nice bow back then for $200, but he offered to buy it 3 days before opening of the season. Of course I said no.