Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

northstarr climbers

Old 01-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default northstarr climbers

has anyone ever tried a northstarr climber or heard anything about them,looking at them or a buckshot climber.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: northstarr climbers

I have one in my building now. I used it a few times, and wasn't realy happy. Found it difficult to climb with, and not very comfortable. To be honest the best climbing stands I have found are Summits. For a combination of comfort, wieght, ease of use, and rock solid preformance they are hard to beat!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-17-2003, 05:30 PM

THE SUGGEST A SUMNIT VIPER.ITS A STAND YOU CAN SIT IN ALL DAY.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for your replies 5 shot and gert was the northstarrs just hard to climb with or not grip the trees i have been looking at summits and others i just havent heard of anyone using the two stands.i like the stands with the front bar feel rreal secure.i bought a hunters view hawk climber it was cheap but good now its too heavy after reading past topics on tree stands have you ever had a problem with the 3 inch size adjustments.thank you!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt from Summit Python and like it. The only thing I don't like about it is backpacking it is a little ackward. I'll probably buy an additional stand this year and have read a lot about the Lone Wolf. It is lighter and packs flat for those long hikes into deep woods.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found the Northstar harder to climb with, and it didn't grip the tree as well. I picked up a some "teeth" that I now believe are standard with the stands. The really did bite into the trees, maybe to much as they made climbing even more difficult. The main thing though was comfort. I just couldn't get real comfortable in mine. Compare that with the Summit Viper or Goliath. With these two stands I can sit for hours in complete comfort and safety. I have not found the adjustments on the Summit stands to be a problem at all. In fact I found it simple and easy to use. Of all the stands I have used and or purchased myself, the Summit climbers give me the best balance of comfort, safety, easy climbing, user friendly rock solid preformance.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS