Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bushnell scout lazer rangefinder >

Bushnell scout lazer rangefinder

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bushnell scout lazer rangefinder

Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Bushnell scout lazer rangefinder

I was looking at this range finder the other day or ebay and was wondering if anyone had info. about it. It seems like a good deal at 240.00 new, but not sure it people had good or bad experiences with it. It has a 6x mag. and is good out to 700 yards. 300 on deer.

any help would be great !!

Thanks,
Tom

Old 10-21-2007, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Bushnell scout lazer rangefinder

i have one it's great but in low light you can't read the display cause it's black... lowest it goes i 10 yards out to about 600 i belive.. fits right into a pocket with no problem i use mine for bowhunting don't go out without it!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

ive used my friends before. he has one and he likes it and i like it too. seems to work great.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has one and works great. One thing I didnt like about it was it wont range through the mesh in our groundblinds. My nikon does just fine but her bushnell wont do it.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Spike

If I was buying a new rangefinder like the scout I would make sure it had the ARC feature. Automatically adjusts for incline.....IMAO.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a bushnell, not sure of the model. The button is so easy to push that it will kill a battery in no time. It was given to me because the guy who had it couldn't figure it out. I have to install the battery backwards and carry a small screw driver. When I get where I need it, I switch it. If not the thing will be dead.

I aught to contact them and see if there's a fix. Just setting the thing down wrong is all it takes.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a rangefinder last night. It was between the Bushnell Scout ARC, Leuopold RXII, and Nikon Monarch. Went with the Nikon even though it was the only one that didn't have angle compensation, it had a much clearer image and I love Nikon optics.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a bit of info you maybe interested in. Just called them about the above problem. Their answer.

"Never heard of that before. Good luck with that!"

Glad I didn't spend the money with them. The guy that owned this went with a leoupold as well as another person.

After looking at itI decided to cut a hole in the neoprene case where the button is. I think that will work. If this kind of monkey business is what your looking for...[:@]