Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Attractants: Liquid Corn >

Attractants: Liquid Corn

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Attractants: Liquid Corn

Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default Attractants: Liquid Corn

Opening Weekend (Archery Deer) this year I was filming a Dove Hunt at the 4B-Ranchin Ovalo, Tx.

During this visit I met a fella by the name of Kevin Reyer (sp) who is the inventor of a product called "Liquid Corn".

Kevin gave me a jar of his product, and went into detail about how hogs really "swarm" to the tree that it is placed on.

I tried this on Columbus day and literally lathered up the base of a tree using only 1/4 of the jar. OMG this stuff is strong and you can definately smell it down wind for a good 200yds easily.

Test Scenario:
I found an area that had several cows hanging out in the shade on the East side of a Road (road runs North to south). Wind was blowing East to West across the road on what was suspected to be a bedding area for hogs. (Wind was roughly 15mph) I placed the "Liquid Corn" on the tree base at 3pm on the dot! I quickly moved about 80yds over to the Southern portion of the road to observe the tree, to be able to see if the cows would "hog" up the tree. No pun intended.

Test attempt 1:
The cows didn't even act as if anything was on the tree. 22 minutes had gone by when I had a group of hogs (none less than 100lbs) break out from the thick brush line. They came up to the dirt road to cross it when someone in a vehicle driving down the road stopped about 200yds down the road and fired a shot from the vehicle killing one of the hogs dead in his tracks. The hogs scattered back to where they come out of the brush line at. I waited a half hour longer for the hogs to come back, and they never showed.

Test attempt 2:
I showed up 3 hours later downwind from the area where I placed the product to test its durability over time. Good lordy this stuff is strong as I was over 100yds from the tree and could smell it in abundance. I began walking upwind in a direct line for the tree to see if the smell got stronger as I walked to it. As I got closer I began to smell something I have been a little more familiar with than the "Liquid Corn". It was the unmistaken smell of hogs, no questions asked. I backed out, and came around from the side that was more open, than the thick stuff that led me straight to the tree. I came around the clearing, and just as they advertise the product, the hogs were rubbing their necks on the tree. They were fighting with each other over the tree, and even taking several "bites" of the tree as if they were using it as a meal.

Final Result:
I ended up watching a product that worked as advertised, and rather quickly also. I also ended up getting some meat for a BBQ this coming weekend!

So Kevin, I'm proud to say that your product worked great for me. [/align][/align]For those of you that are interested I found his website, and the product is listed Brush-N-Rub Corn Gel. [/align]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Attractants: Liquid Corn

Thanks for the link, the acorn gel they sell sounds like a great deer lure, especialy with everybody and his brother planting corn this year. [8D]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Joe.

Good report thanks for sharing.

I also ended up getting some meat for a BBQ this coming weekend!
Ok what time ya want us there
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Joe.

Good report thanks for sharing.

I also ended up getting some meat for a BBQ this coming weekend!
BBQ sounds good to me!!

Dan
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy
We will begin serving at 1030, and you will get all you can drink, along with Buttered/Peppered Corn on the Cob, a Texas Load of Pulled Pork, and Taterchips.