Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

WB ....freeze?????

Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default WB ....freeze?????

well im so sick of hearing all the debate about it i decided to test it today. i took an old WB (all black kind) i had and held it under water for 1 minute way more water then would ever rain on it but maybe you droped your bow in a creek. put it in the freezer and in an hour i checked it. the water itself froze but the fibers were still flexible and i used my wifes arrow with blazers on it and it pulled through just fine maybe a little more resistent but if you had the rest this wet and it was cold everything else would be way frozen too and im sure youd wipe it off. to bring it back to perfect i just pushed the britlses back and forth once put it back for an hour in the freezer and it moved just fine didnt refreeze so i think it safe to say the WB dosent absorb water but you may have it stiffen up alittle cause the water on it will but should shoot fine and with one quick push on it will shoot as normal for sure.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:59 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: WB ....freeze?????

Why are you sick of hearing about it? As long as your happy, why do you care what everyone else shoots?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

i just wanteed to show whatd happen cause i started to doubt if i really had been out in weather bad enough to prove itd still work and thought people would be interested in the results since its a big ? when people consider the WB. just trying to put the info out there.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 AM
bigcountry

Well, I can certainly understand building your own confidense and having fun. I just see several on here that pimp whatever they shoot so hard. Its like its very important that they get others shooting what they shoot, or they are crushed. But I can see where you are coming from.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Thanks Brad! That's exactly what I wanted to do before goat season gets here in Nov. I just haven't had the time yet. Without testing it I was just going to grab my weather proven old Hoyt/drop away but since you tried it successfully I may cart the BowTech/WB combo into the high country this fall.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

I have been wondering the same thing myself. Not that I get too much freezing temps here in TX but I was curious because of all the previous posts. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry,I realize you and others may think I try to push my opinions off on others but I'm really just sharing experiences good and bad. If it helps anybody to avoid making the same mistakes as you,I,and countless others have endured,then we have done something useful. That's just 1 reason(among many) that I like to test all the different products coming out on market. I'm sure we all can look back in our bowhunting careers and get some laffs over equipment/info/skill errors that resulted in missed shots or even missed the game coming within good shot range.