Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bear "The Truth vs. Parker Intercepter XP? >

Bear "The Truth vs. Parker Intercepter XP?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bear "The Truth vs. Parker Intercepter XP?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Bear "The Truth vs. Parker Intercepter XP?

I bought a cabelas intercepter xp, its made by parker. Its smooth not too much noise has nice power. However its rated at 70lbs, it only cranks to about 68. I was wondering does anyone have The Truth, and is the extra 50 bucks if I take my Parker back worth it? The Truth will crank to 75 and has a few more features and is supposed to be a few fps quicker. Any suggestions?

I bought the parker bc they were out of The Truth 70lb models, but they have them back in stock and will exchange mine for it. theres a $50 dollar difference.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Bear "The Truth vs. Parker Intercepter XP?

i can't give any feedback on either, but the Truth bow is one of the one I'm considering as well... it seems to be (from all the reviews I can find online) a pretty darn good bow for the $$... in my opinion, if you had originally wanted a Truth, then go back and get it, doubt either will be significantly better or worse than the other and sounds to me like the Truth is the one you really wanted anyway... small price to pay for your happiness... go for it and let me know how it shoot!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was fairly impressed by the shooting characteristics of the Truth bow on the two occasions that I had the opportunity to shoot it. I cannot comment on the Parker as I have never shot it but the Fred Bear would be one bow that I would most certainly consider buying at that price point.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:20 AM

Well as I promised myself I went back last night and exchanged for The Truth. I did notice a difference, and yes I am happier now. Only thing that worried me, is while I was waiting for my bow to be set up. Two guys were bringing back instincts, saying that fletching on the string was wearing out, where it meets the stop on the lower cam. One of the guys told me this was the second that the new Bear bows are having a problem with this. All of them. I still walked out with my Truth, bc I loved the way it shot, nice speed nice power. Great feel. Not to heavy, not to light that your shaking like apoodle in a thunderstorm. I shot it at home for about an hour didnt notice any wear on the string. If anyone else has a bear of any kind, can you give me your input on this string problem. I was told to watch their website for a recall??????
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

PA buckbuster,the truth is a top notch bow I have one I had problems with my serving on mine too,bear archery has an awesome customer service since primos team up with em,if you happen to notice some discoloration in the serving at the draw module where it bends like it is turning a white color it is starting to wear,take your draw module off and take a dremel tool and polish the mod. where the string rides in it,the tolerance is to tight that's all it happened to mine to,DO NOT try to put a muzzy zero effect drop away rest on the truth bow it will not workthe draw cycle is to short,Mark Land at muzzy will tell you it will work,it won't any top notch pro shop will tell you the same,I am gonna post a thread on that also,that truth is a shooter,......Ted