Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hind Sight System?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Hind Sight System?

Has anyone tried the Hind Sight system. Looks pretty neat and on some of the models, it moves your pins out farther ahead, which is supposed to help imporove your accuracy even more I guess. I also like the idea of getting rid of the peep sight and the tube to keep it straight when at full draw, I know that setup can add a litte noise to the bow. So has anyone tried this thing, is it well made, does it work well?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Default RE: Hind Sight System?

I used the Hindsight in the beginning of last year. I liked it for the most part. It seemed to take alot of work to get the sight to line up just right. I went to shoot leagues with it this winter and the rear sight was loose. It was more frustrating than anything trying to get it back where I had it previously. IMO it is a good concept and product. Just be very cautious that you dont knock it out of alinement in the woods. I went back to the good ol peep after the first week of leagues. I was just more comfortable with it and didn't need any more aggravation.

Just my $.02
Erik
Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 AM

When I first saw the product I thought it was a great concept and I bought one within the next week. I used it for a while but like the previous post stated it was more work than anything. It was helpful in showing torque though but I eventually went back to a string peep. However I did keep the mount on to futher out my sight.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 PM

I think the idea is real cool. But for hunting I just don't think it is practical, for 3-D it would probably rock though.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:30 PM

i havent personally tried it but i do have the peep eliminator, and i think it works great!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 AM

stick with the peep sights. I used the hind sight for 2 years and went back.