Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbers

Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Climbers

Look through some info on them and one stands out as the best to me. The Lone wolf climber (not the sit and stand). Has a lot of good features.

The weight is only 14.5 lbs.
It will carry 350lbs.
3D camo
Slim profile
All cast aluminum
cable reinforced belt

Great features! All A+ in my book.

It does have some negitives that chap my hide royally. As it comes it only fits up to 19" trees. They will dink you for 25 more bucks to get a belt that will go to 22". To add insult the cost is a rediculous 330 bucks plus tax. The seat is padded, not a big deal but I don't care for it.

I do have some questions if you can answer them. How does your feet attach for climbing and does it fold flat for packing?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbers

I went to buy the sit and climb last year. But having a 40/42 waist I found it uncomfortable.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO I would stay away from Lone Wolf if you are going to be in your stand longer than 3-4 hours at a time. They are light, but super uncomfortable. I would pick a gorilla stand for half the price and 3 times the comfort.

Now, if you are going to be moving the stand around a lot then I might be worth it.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

i have a lone wolf hand climber and i like it. bought it at the PA sportsmans showfor $280 and i can sit in a tree for 5-7 hours and be fine. i bought mine a couple years ago when the seats were 2-3 inches thick. it is a super quiet stand!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

IMHO I would stay away from Lone Wolf if you are going to be in your stand longer than 3-4 hours at a time. They are light, but super uncomfortable. I would pick a gorilla stand for half the price and 3 times the comfort.

Now, if you are going to be moving the stand around a lot then I might be worth it.
I hear ya, but I'm not sitting often. Much of the time I leave the seat down around the base and just lean against the tree. I've seen the gorrila's but don't recall them having the attributes described above.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

i have a lone wolf hand climber and i like it. bought it at the PA sportsmans showfor $280 and i can sit in a tree for 5-7 hours and be fine. i bought mine a couple years ago when the seats were 2-3 inches thick. it is a super quiet stand!!!
I thought it would be very quiet being all cast. I've been to the show, good time. Better price. Did you upgrade the cables?