Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbers....

Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Climbers....

Whats the best climber for the money ? (ease, quietness, lightness, price)
Old 12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbers....

The most popular are summit.A lot of people use them and a lot of people like them.They look good to me even though i havent used one but i plan on getting one for next season because of all the good reviews they have had. If you want light weight go with a Lone Wolf. If your on a really tight budget i have a gorilla greyback that cost me $150. Its a decent stand for the price but its obviously not the best stand out there. Hope this helps!

Wayne
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM

I'll second the Summit vote. I started out gun hunting and bought the Revolution model for comfort so I could sit all day if I needed to. It was pretty heavy, so I ended up taking off the footrest bar to lighten the load a bit. Doing this turned it into basically a hand climber with no foot rest but I don't mind that.

A lot of guys on here swear by the Viper model. The bar looks as though it would get in the way, but it actually allows you to stand up, turn around, and lean against it for shots facing behind the tree. The other good part of that model is you can lower the seat down and use that bar as a gun rest.

One last thing about Summits, you can buy virtually any model(not the Goliath and maybe a few others) and use any top piece with the same foot platform. This will allow you to possibly buy an additional top piece later and maybe have multiple setups(gun vs. bow, heavy and comfortable vs. light and fast, etc)...if that's important to you. Just my two cents. Good luck, and happy hunting.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using a summit viper ss for about 5yrs, I have used other stands in the past but nothing comes close to a summit for the price.

As a matter of fact i bought a new viper ss today lol for my son for christmas.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the market for a new climber this coming season. Right now the Treewalker is what I am leaning towards. Check them out www.treewalkertreestands.com

Old 12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Summit for cost/comfort

Lone Wolf for packability and lite weight
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If a guy could combine the quietness and packability of the Lone Wolf with the comfort of the Summit he could retire very early. Either one is great!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

summit, there safe, quiet, lightweight, easy to set up, and there customer service is second to none
Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been a Summit user for the last 4 years. I bought a Cobra X4 when they redesigned them and put the climbing stirrups on them. Very solid, stable and comfortable stand.

I just picked up a 2008 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb (actually, I won it through a gun raffle ) I gotta say, I wish I would have owned one before. They're more packable, easier to carry and with the new 2008 seat, almost as comfortable as my Summit. The selling point with the LW is how quiet they are to use. They don't make a sound other than from you scraping the tree with the back of the platform as you raise it.

I absolutely love this stand. Its now my primary climber. I haven't taken the Summit out since.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Spike

I have a summit open shot andthe lone wolf alpha hand climber(not cheap). Long story short, I haven't taken the summit out once this season.