Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 NAP Quicktune Flipper Rest >

NAP Quicktune Flipper Rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Quicktune Flipper Rest

Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 PM

Default NAP Quicktune Flipper Rest

I've been looking for a new drop away rest to try out and the flipper is the one I'm looking for. Something a lot different from the normal dropaway rest, but I have one drawback. I'm a little edgy on the design of it. On the NAP website it is shown like this.

I also see pictures of it like this too and I'm not sure which one they are putting out there now. I guess my question is which one is it? If it is the one with the brushes then are the brushes made with the same material as the whisker biscuit? If not then how does the arrow go through the above flipper if the containment arms are so close together? Are they flexible enough for the arrow fall through them or what? I guess the main question is how does it work?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Default RE: NAP Quicktune Flipper Rest

The top one doesn't look like it could "drop away".
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

The top one doesn't look like it could "drop away".
That doesn't really answer any of my questions at all, but ok. Thanks for the opinion anyway.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:37 AM

Well, you said you were looking for a drop away, if the first one doesn't drop away thenthe other questions are irrelevant.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:20 AM

It is a drop away rest though so it does drop away. You cock it up and when you release a magnet follows the field point and that causes the rest to drop I think thats how it works. Why would NAP make a drop away rest that didn't drop away?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Im just wondering how you would cock it up?? Do have to grab the triangle thing and set it up? I have also heard not so good things about magnet released dropaway's. THings like they don't work well in hot/cold weather, and have failed hunters in the feild.Just for that reason I stay away from them. I would suggest, either the QAD, Muzzy, or Ripcord.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the top one is the new design that is supposed to be released sometime soon. The bottom one is the old design and there were rpoblems and I heard that it wasn't going to be released this year. Then another poster said NAP told him they were releasing the new design in Aug. I do not think it has made it to the vendors yet, though. A lot of us would like to try it but it is too late for this season.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i went through the same thing with the nap quicktune 360. nothing but problems. they had so many revisions i gave up and went back to my whacky basket. i do love there concepts but if there not putting time into testing stuff im not gonna be a crash test dummy. it seems eveyone is looking for the perfect new rest design but rushing ideas to the market without much testing is only gonna sour consumers.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does'nt do it for me . i think there are proven rests that will do better job . IMO

Dave
Old 08-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The top pic that you posted is definitely a newer redesign of the rest, which originally looked like the bottom pic. This is a rest that I have been waiting to try as well. The way the rest works, it needs the arrow's forward movement to break a magnetic hold that keeps the arrow support upright at rest. I'm guessing that reliable dropping was the issue with the first rest. I think a certain amount of friction is needed between the arrow and the rest to make it drop reliably. The new design looks like it should work better. If you look at how much of the "launcher" of the rest is in an arc that should maintain the same height, the arrow holding arms should have snapped free of the arrow when the arrow is still fully supported by the launcher part of the rest, so I would not worry about that affecting the flight too much. My concern about the new design is it possibly releasing and dropping when the shooter chooses to let down without shooting. I still think it is an interesting design, and would like to try it next year, but I am making 0 changes anymore this year.