Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick tricks vs. muzzy

Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 PM

Default slick tricks vs. muzzy

Slick tricks vs. Muzzy
i am new to archery and need to decide on a broadhead to shoot this fall. i have heard great things about both of these. the slick trick 100s and the muzzy mx-3 and mx-4. they both seem very alike to me as far as design but was wondering if anyone has found any differences between them. also which you prefer.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: slick tricks vs. muzzy

I've only shot Muzzy MX-4's, and love them on the range. Have yet to see what they do to an animal though. Haven't heard anything about Slick Tricks yet though.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

i jus picked up the MX-3 im a three blade fan but i havent got my new broadhead target so i personally havent shot them yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 PM

if your a fan of the slick tricks do you use the standard or the magnum 100

Old 08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot Muzzys as well as my brothers my little brother tried the slick tricks and we were not very impressed they fell apart from shooting them. so i would have to say go with the Muzzys
Old 08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My biggest complaint with muzzy was that the blades almost always were mangeled and lots of times the furrel bent just on going thru a bit of shoulder blade. The new ones seem to be a bit stronger but still not a fan. I shoot G5 Strikers that have a steel furrel and havent had a problem yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the Slick Trick Magnums last year. No complaints, but I'll be using the Muzzy MX-3's this year.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM

are there any technical differences in a 4 blade and a 3 blade. i know the 4 blade will catch more wind but will that guide it better or not. do you only shooof 3 blade and 4 blade.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I used to shoot muzzy 3blades. I switched to slick trick and I'm happier. This is just my experience. Slick trick flies much more consistent. I still shoot the muzzy for deer and will be using the mx3 this year. Slick trick is strictly for elk. Magnum or standard? Well, I have both in the quiver. If the area around my stand is very open, I use the magnum. If not, I use the standard. They fly the same so just preference.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

MUZZY MAN!!!! BAD TO THE BONE....definatly tru! Ever seen Dan Fitzgerald's Swamp Bucks....back when he was shooting a Wing Bow.Hey shot straight thru the new Metal Barrel...it was empressive..the only thing wrong with his arrow is that a Fletching came off.I am going to try the Metal Barrel trick and get it on video!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: slick tricks vs. muzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.