Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick tricks vs. muzzy

Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: slick tricks vs. muzzy

i would go with the muzzy
Old 08-14-2007, 11:04 AM
vte

I would have to agree with someone that mentioned buy both and trying each. From the opinions gathered, it does sound like you would be happy with either though. If your bow it tuned well and you are shooting a heavier poundage bow, I think you could be happy with just about anything on the market.

My husband has been a Muzzy fan for a very long time now. I love the Muzzy Phantom, but because I shoot a lower poundage having that large of a surfaced broadhead it is not the tip for me. My husband who shots 65# has shot the Muzzy Phantom, G5 Montec, Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade, and Magnus Stingers. They all performed well out of his step-up. For my lighter poundage, the Magnus Stingers performed better.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM

Passthru, you are under the wrong impression, Trickferrule steel isstronger than Titanium ferrules.

Titanium is used for its strength to weight ratio. Since it is expensive it is used in exotic applications where steel would be heavier. If youwanted strength and hadyour choice of Titanium or a choice grade of steel regardless of weight you would pick steel everytime. Since it is used in aerospace because of the need for light weight people consider it to be the strongest. Same as advertising "aerospace aluminum" as being really strong, it is still aluminum and won't touch good steel. Anytime you hear somebody say an aluminum head is the strongest on the market you can rest assured that isn't true.

Ifevery design wouldlet you use steel and make a head 100 grains then nobody would be making aluminum heads. Its only used because steel is too heavy.

You get stronger steel with 4 Lutz Solingen blades with the best bladelocking system there isfor a lot less than the cost of a Titanium 3 blade head.

You do the math.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting, I guess it really doesnt make much difference to me since I shoot G5 Strikers.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard great things about both. I use the slick tricks and I have experienced great arrow flight with them and I haven't tried the Muzzy's out yet. If you do get the slick tricks, go with the magnums (bigger cutting diameter). There is a guy on archerytalk.com who is an authorized slick trick distributor that is selling them for $23. I just ordered some and got them in the other day. Very, very fast shipping.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slicks hands down. Oldhootowl, two posts up, is the owner of the company (sorry to rat you out!) and the things he is saying are all true. also, their customer service is top notch. I called to order some blades, and he answered the phone!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 PM

No problem, pretty well known who I am, I just don't like to appear to pull rank on anybody. I post like anybody else, and I expect my posts to be evaluated like anybody else. But I can assure you Iwork hard to always shoot straight with what I say so it is found to be true.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:01 PM

hey hootowl will you ever have your product in basspro or only cabelas
Old 08-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok two years ago I switched from my muzzy 90 grain to slick trick 100 they did shoot nice, BUT my first experience in the woods with them drove me far far away from them.
I missed [:@]a small 8pt(misjudged) anyhow I shot the ALUMINUM arrow into a DEAD stump! When I retrieved my perfectly straight arrow out of the stump I then had to pick the wood apart with my fingers easily to find my SLICK TRICK in about 4-6 pieces????????[:@]
I have heard that back then they were not made as strong, but my thing is if they were not made that strong WHY SELL THEM sounds like it didnt take them long to learn about there problem?
I have shot my muzzys into live trees and was able to retrieve them with next to no damage.
Everyone talks about how good of a head they are but I will never spend the money to try and find out again!
Just my opinion, dont let this talk you out of what u want! But I knwo what I would do!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Will see, want them available to guys wherever they are. But want local dealers to get their share of business, they are the lifeblood of the sport and provide great service, and I encourage guys to patronizethem. Actually the guys at Cabelas have been shootingTricks for the last couple years, just didn't have enough manufacturing capability to insure dealers had their supply and waited until this year to let C carry them. But I understand there are guys who don't have a dealer and need to get them somewhere, and will consider customer needs in the future.

Quick Reply: slick tricks vs. muzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.